DPS Door Technician
The DPS Door Technician I. will assist with project work involving the installations of doors, metal and wood doors and related hardware.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Inspects facilities, systems and their components for the purpose of ensuring safety and identifying necessary repairs and providing an ongoing program of preventive maintenance.
• Welding of door & frame applications that may include repair and installation as well as modification.
• Coordinates with administration and other trades for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently.
• Informs personnel regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing necessary information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with health and safety regulations.
• Responds to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
• Maintains in good working condition of all doors on property.
• Adheres to Fire code application and ADA requirements
• Performs other job related duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. A minimum two years’ experience in commercial door and hardware. College and/or professional trade training is highly desired.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Must be able to understand the English language and effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• CA Driver’s License.
• Efficient in reading and writing English.
• Knowledge of industry current state of the art concepts and hardware.
• Knowledge and experience with all related hand and machine tools.
• Ability to use computers and be fluent in computer skills including Microsoft Office.
• Be proficient in the use of hand tools.
• Locksmith skills relating to property security.
• Requires knowledge of all hardware components (cylinder lock, closers, panics, seal application).
• Experience in working with fire inspector and departments leads to conform to any requirements as dictated by the inspectors or management as required.
• Must be capable of interacting with the general public in a highly professional manner.
• Ability to work in a stressful environment.
• Ability to read architectural drawings and plans.
• Understanding of low voltage and electric applications.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Attention to all details is a must.
• Must have good housekeeping duties in any areas worked and must maintain all tools and equipment in a professional manner.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.