The Banquet Houseman is responsible for setting-up all meeting rooms as outlined on the Banquet Event Order (BEO). This position entails extensive physical labor which includes the lifting of tables, chairs, and other heavy equipment.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Fulfill/Complete all information listed on the Banquet Event Order (BEO) is set-up in the meeting room.
• Clarify and execute all pop-up events; refresh and revision for meeting rooms.
• Decorate and set-up all buffets to the stated theme.
• Install and lift all ice sculptures for VIP events.
• Polish and ensure that all meeting rooms have water glasses, silverware, and all other standard meeting set-up.
• Check and maintain all assigned storerooms have been cleaned and organized.
• Ensure that all linen and skirts are free from stains and tears when being used for an event.
• Ensure that the meeting rooms have been completed, cleaned, and checked by a Houseman Shift Supervisor before the end of their shift.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be able to lift 75 pounds with no medical restrictions.
• Must maintain a high level of quality and professionalism at all times with team members and guests.
• Special vision requirements include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships). The above special vision requirements are required for moving tables, pushing, and setting risers and pushing carts filled with equipment.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and at least one (1) year relative experience is required to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other Team Members of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain or maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Must qualify to obtain or maintain a Food Handlers Certification.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills required.
• Must have professional demeanor, smile, and good attitude.
• Excellent communication and time management skills.
• Ability to work proactively in a busy fast-paced office environment with minimal supervision.
• Ability to meet deadlines, inclusive of working overtime when required.
• Ability to work under stressful situations and environment.
• Ability to adapt to change with a positive attitude.
• Ability to maintain a neat, clean, well-groomed appearance in line with the Team Member dress code standards.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by Team Members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this job.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.