IT Support Technician
The IT Support Technician provides technical support to Pechanga Resort Casino (PRC) and related Pechanga Development Corporation (PDC) entities. They are instrumental in developing solutions to ensure our teams are empowered to effectively meet our properties vison of delivering experiences on another level. This role is expected to triage and monitor ticket queues, email requests, phone and chat/slack inquiries, and support our teams virtually, as well as onsite/desk-side support. They are responsible for maintaining the various software and hardware services utilized on property ensuring highly available, efficient and secure access. As the entry point to all support requests the Support Analyst has the opportunity to provide positive first interaction for all Team Members.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Guest Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Manage AD and Application User Access from Account Provisioning, Role and Permission assignment, Password reset, and account Deprovisioning/disable processes.
• Install, configure, upgrade and maintain desktops, laptops, tablet, thin clients, Point of Sale (POS), Printers, and related peripherals (Scanners, EMV devices, Mag Swipe, camera’s etc.).
• Install, configure, and update OS for Windows 7/8/10/11, Mac OS Catalina to Ventura, as well as iOS 13+ and various Android OS versions.
• MS Office Suite install, configure and troubleshoot issues and add-ins related to business operations.
• Create images and manuals for OS and software installations
• Develop and implement basic scripts for automating tasks, reports and installs.
• Assist with maintaining and troubleshooting various operational systems (Preferably Light n Wonder Gaming Systems, Oracle Simphony (POS), AS400/Infor ERP, Infor Hotel Management Systems, and VMware Horizon/Workspace One), as well 80+ applications for inventory, finance, entertainment, food and beverage, and other operations on property.
• Responsible in protecting Pechanga assets by utilizing best practices in securing application, OS installations, and physical access. Updating and patching OS, Firmware, and applications utilizing 3rd party and in house tools.
• Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: A High School diploma or General Education Degree is required. One to two years’ experience is preferred. Associates Degree or two-years of college from related field is preferred.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. This position also requires the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, guests, and the general public is required as well.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. This position also requires the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. This position also requires the ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• CompTia A+ and Network+ Certifications preferred.
• Long periods of sitting and typing.
• Must be able to lift 35lbs.
• Good attitude.
• Professional demeanor.
• Make eye contact while speaking.
• Ability to work under stressful situations.
• Mentally strong and able to cope with many challenges.
• 0-3 years’ experience in technical Support and/or equivalent certification or schooling.
• Basic OS and application troubleshooting.
• Working technical knowledge of desktop and mobile device hardware (Laptops, tablet, phones, mid to high end PC configurations).
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays.