Director of Finance
The Director of Finance is responsible for the day to day leadership and management of the Finance Operations department including, but not limited to, Financial Reporting, Accounting, Accounts Payable, Revenue Audit, Regulatory Compliance, Drop and Count Teams, and Payroll. Assists the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in developing strategies of the financial organization in accordance with the established policies, procedures, and controls.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Guest Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino (PRC).
• Provide effective leadership and management consistent with company, division, and department culture, beliefs, philosophies, visions, and policies.
• Role model professionalism, drive, initiative, and effective leadership.
• Create and maintain an effective team necessary to meet the Finance Department’s responsibilities.
• Provide support, coaching, mentoring, and performance reviews to direct reports.
• Create and communicate effective visions, strategies, and plans that will accomplish assigned responsibilities.
• Determine, acquire, and maintain resources needed to accomplish visions, strategies, plans, and assigned responsibilities including team members, skills, knowledge, software systems, equipment, and administration.
• Provide leadership necessary to organize resources and put them into action.
• Continually monitor results and make changes in visions, strategies, plans, and resources when necessary to successfully meet assigned responsibilities.
• Organize and manage special projects, regardless of origin, affecting or involving the Finance Operation department.
• Oversee company Standard Operating Procedures including reviewing drafts for proper and required internal controls, routing drafts for approval, publishing after approval, providing access to team members, and storage.
• Oversee the company Anti Money Laundering Program including being the Compliance Officer, ensuring the AML Program is approved and followed, regulations are complied with, filings occur timely, and successful results are received from third party audits.
• Oversee company financial reporting including reviewing financial and regulatory statements for accuracy, timeliness, GAAP compliance, optimal dissemination, and successful results are received from third party audits.
• Work with other management teams, vendors, financial institutions, tribal entities, and governmental agencies as necessary to ensure assigned responsibilities are met accurately, timely, effectively and efficiently.
• Monitor, update, and improve systems, processes, software, and equipment necessary to meet responsibilities accurately, timely, effectively, and efficiently
• Maintain awareness of operations and resources and report concerns to the CFO timely.
• Oversee company internal controls and protect the assets of PRC.
• Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position is responsible for managing the work of assigned Team Members. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the PRC policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training Team Members; planning, assigning, reviewing, and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining Team Members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, with emphasis in Accounting and/or Finance preferred. Ten (10) years of progressive experience in accounting/financial management, preferably in the Gaming industry.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals; accounting, regulatory, financial reporting, managerial, and legal instructions; journals, pronouncements, reports, training materials, and documents necessary to meet your responsibilities effectively and efficiently. This position also requires the ability to write reports and correspondence. Furthermore, this position requires the ability to speak effectively to management, team members and groups.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. This position also requires the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. This position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license preferred.
• Current and relevant gaming industry knowledge.
• Proficient with GAAP.•
• Cloud based ERP software experience preferred.
• Must possess excellent communication, organization and analytical skills.
• Culturally sensitive with effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to work under stressful situations
• Ability to be highly confidential and to maintain a professional demeanor.
• Mentally strong and able to cope with many challenges.
• Strong computer skills.
• Strong Excel skills.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.