The Greenkeeper, under supervision of the Assistant Superintendent or Lead, performs work involving the use of large equipment, including tractors, loaders, trenchers, trucks and other golf course mowing equipment.
This position also performs routine manual labor involved in golf course maintenance. Furthermore, this position also performs semi-skilled grounds construction and maintenance and operating a variety of equipment.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Operates mowers in cutting greens, tees, collars, approaches, and roughs.
• Maintains sand bunkers.
• Performs course set up and preparation.
• Assists in projects including but not limited to; Aerifing, Topdressing, Fertilizing, Sodding, Seeding, Planting, Edging, and Excavating.
• Maintains landscape areas, trees, streams, lakes, and native environments.
• Other duties as assigned
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Greenkeeper position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION Less than high school education; and at least 1-year relative experience in golf course greens-keeping is preferred to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. This position also requires the ability to print and speak simple sentences.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. This position also requires the ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. This position also requires the ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid CA Driver’s License
• Requires knowledge of safe, efficient operation of a variety of mechanized or motorized equipment.
• Requires understanding of operating principles of maintenance machinery including cutting mechanisms, patterns of mowing, etc.
• Work in outside elements to include cold, heat and rain.
• Need to meet qualifications in order to obtain a gaming license.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.