The DPS Lieutenant has management oversight of his/her assigned shift and Team Members’ daily operations; he/she is responsible for the safety and protection of Pechanga Resort Casino (PRC) business operations, our guests, and our Team Member. The Lieutenant interacts with other PRC department Managers/Supervisors regarding casino operations within their respective departments; the Lieutenant coordinates DPS resources, DPS response to calls for service and investigation activities. Additionally, the Lieutenant interacts with guests and will address all concerns and/or complaints as they arise.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Guest Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Ensures a safe environment at Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Manages Team Members through shift sergeants and corporals; plans, coordinates, organizes DPS activities of his/her shift or divisional assignment.
• Reviews DPS activity reports to ensure reports conform to department policy and procedures and determines need for follow up.
• Ensures policies, procedures, rules, regulations and laws as it pertains to PRC are complied with.
• Establishes work schedules and determines staffing needs.
• Exercises a high level of decision making abilities regarding DPS / public safety operations.
• Effectively communicates with PRC stakeholders regarding on property activities.
• Builds and develops strong teams that excel through mutual support.
• Keeps management of other PRC departments informed of developments that may impact their areas.
• Monitors high profile guest issues and takes appropriate actions.
• May oversee shift operations of detective, EMT, patrol divisions for response time with calls and report accuracy and quality.
• Prepares annual evaluations and provided constructive feedback to his/her subordinates.
• Trains and prepares direct reports for career advancement.
• Assists Casino Shift Managers, Surveillance and Gaming in their specific requests.
• Maintains professional working relationship with outside law enforcement agencies and assist with criminal related issues as they involve PRC.
• Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has managerial responsibilities including daily shift operations, departmental training, performance evaluations, safety of entire property and authority to make valuable recommendations for promotions, hiring and terminations. The Team Member is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: Minimum 5 years’ experience as a DPS Sergeant at Pechanga Resort Casino and/or significant supervisory/management experience at a sophisticated security organization (comparable to PRC DPS), US law enforcement agency or US military required. Bachelor's and/or Master’s degree from a four-year college or university. Advanced leadership education or certificated leadership training is highly desirable. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be combined in lieu of degree/experience requirements. DPS management reserves the right to evaluate an individual candidate’s experience on a case by case basis to determine their fit and eligibility for the position.
Applicants must meet all requirements outlined in the DPS Department Policy and Procedures Manual section on promotions and professional development. External candidates will be evaluated on their professional work experience and relevant education for the position to determine if they will be invited to participate in the testing and interview process.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from guests, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Must be able to obtain CA Guard Card within six months of hire.
• Must be able to obtain CA Weapons Permit, CA Baton permit, Pepper Spray permit.
• FEMA 100, 200, 400, 700 certifications within six months of hire.
• Must possess a valid CA Driver’s License.
• Proficiency in writing reports, daily shift pass downs and other pertinent written documentation.
• Strong leadership and management.
• Knowledge in common CA Penal Code Laws.
• Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office programs.
• Must be detailed oriented.
• Possess and demonstrate strong grammar and usage skills; write with clarity and consistency.
• Must be outgoing, energetic and capable of interacting with the general public in a highly professional manner.
• Possess high professional and personal integrity, a team player, a supportive and effective listener who seeks to motivate, coach and mentor the team.
• Ability to work in a demanding and stressful 24/7 resort casino environment.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.