The Painter I is responsible for the maintenance of all interior and exterior surfaces of the hotel, casino and back of house team member areas. Responsible for any on-site buildings, structures, and walls and traditional finishes.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Maintain in good working condition equipment and tools in paint shop using accepted practices
• Utilizes available resources to accomplish daily tasks
• Works alongside other Painter I’s and also Painter II’s to complete assigned projects
• Takes a proactive approach in using Best Practices in the painting and repair of assigned projects
• Adheres to safety policies and procedures and OSHA regulations using best practices
• Completes assigned projects to accepted standards on time using tools and materials provided
• Protects the assets of Pechanga Resort & Casino and maintains confidentiality and integrity when working within the resort and casino
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required; must have four (4) years of experience as a painter.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. This position also requires the ability to write simple correspondence. The ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization is required as well.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. The ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs is required as well.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. The ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations is required as well.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to obtain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Valid California Drivers License
• Ability to use, distinguish and know the use of all Painters tools
• Ability to communicate with all employees and management personnel
• Good organization and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to color match
• Experience with wall coverings
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.