The Cage Trainer/Supervisor is a fully qualified Cage Supervisor who works full time instructing new Cashiers or newly promoted Supervisors in all their duties, conducting remedial training for Team Members with excessive variances, exceptions, or surveillance violations, as well as, conducting department wide yearly Title 31/SARC training and testing. The Cage Trainer/Supervisor also conducts ongoing tutoring, quizzes, and classes, on any issues that require reminders to the team. As they are fully experienced supervisors, they will function as Supervisors on holiday weekends or during special events that require extra coverage, as needed.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Prepare all training aids and curriculum
• Manage scheduling for new trainees, including classroom instruction and shadowing on all three shifts
• Ensure all trainees fully understand all duties, transactions, and the associated paperwork.
• Conduct yearly Title 31/SARC training and testing for the entire Cage & Credit department.
• Conduct counseling and tutoring, as necessary, for the recipients of all Title 31 exceptions.
• Conduct Cross Training, as Cashiers are moved to different areas within the Cages
• Instruct new Cashiers on the proper use of equipment; Jet-Scan currency counters, Jet-Sort coin counters, Glory coin wrapper al
• Help Shift Managers create schedules for Team Members for company-wide mandatory meetings or training.
• Function as a Cage Supervisor, when extra staff are needed.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by the Cage Director or Cage Manager.
• Attend meetings for new Cage projects and/or programs.
• Create or Update Cage SOPs as needed.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has supervisory responsibilities that deal with, corrective actions and employee relations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: At least three years Cage experience, with two years as a Cage Supervisor, is required to successfully perform this job. A high school degree or general education degree (GED) is required.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: The position requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. The position also requires the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. The ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization is required as well.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. This position also requires the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. This position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Must maintain compliance in the annual PRC Title 31 Certification.
• 10-key with high degree of accuracy.
• Data entry, basic Word, Excel.
• Effective delegation and leadership skills.
• Above average communication skills, both written and oral.
• Capacity to make decisions and take responsibility for same.
• Professional demeanor at all times, especially in stressful situations.
• Ability to multi task, cope with challenges and unexpected circumstances.
• Able to work standing for entire shift. Bending, stooping, and lifting up to 25 lbs.
• Ability to treat all Team Members with fairness and consistency.
• Must have two years Cage Supervisor experience.
• Detailed knowledge of all Cage locations
• Complete understanding of MICs, SOPs, state and federal regulations that apply to the Cage
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must have a pleasant personality and present a professional image when assisting players.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
• Flexibility with regard to shifts, days off, and last-minute changes
• Must possess excellent phone guest service skills.
• Ability to perform under stress, noise, interruptions, constant pressure, simultaneous requests
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.