The Pool Attendant is responsible for maximizing guest satisfaction by providing prompt, efficient, and courteous service to all guests at the pool area. Ensure guest satisfaction by maintaining a clean and safe facility, as well as informing the guests of emergency fire exits and procedures. Ensure pool safety regulations are adhered to at all times.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards and Core Values established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Monitor activities at the pool to prevent accidents, and to ensure safety of all guests while in the pool or pool areas.
• Ensure guests are aware of all services and activities offered by pool operations.
• Inspect, monitor, and maintain facilities for cleanliness; perform general pool cleaning and daily upkeep of the pool, pool area, locker, and change rooms.
• Caution and educate swimmers regarding unsafe practices and safety hazards; enforce and adhere to pool rules and regulations.
• Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health.
• Greet all guests in a courteous manner in accordance with department operating standards.
• Recognize and respond to all situations safely and promptly.
• Ensure efficient service to all guests by providing all necessary supplies, and ensure availability of supplies is adequate.
• Check stocks of supplies and report to management if replenishment is needed.
• Keep immediate supervisor informed of all problems or unusual events and/or refer difficult situations to their attention for handling.
• Respond quickly, intelligently, decisively, and in accordance with established emergency and accident management procedures.
• Listen and respond to guest inquiries in a positive and articulate manner. Answer questions and offer assistance by providing accurate information on any services relating to pool operations.
• Skilled to balance and reconcile a cash bank and perform cashier transactions.
• Skilled to process payment transactions accurately. This includes payments in cash, credit, gift card, comps, etc., and to successfully complete transactions in the appropriate property management systems and applications.
• Respond to guest requests for information about the services of the resort.
• Maintain required certification current.
• Be alert and use logical thinking to assess a situation where life and safety may be at risk.
• Act as the pool’s goodwill ambassador to all.
• Comply with Hotel policies and procedures, as well as all departmental service guarantees.
• Maintain a professional demeanor and a great attitude.
• Attend and participate in staff/pre-shift meetings.
• Perform all tasks accurately and in a timely manner.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be available to work weekends and/or holidays.
• Must be flexible with hours and/or shifts.
• Must have the ability to manage deadlines.
• Maintain favorable working relationships with all departments and Team Members, to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious work environment.
• Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather when necessary.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one (1) year of related experience working in a pool/resort setting and/or swim instructor training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to articulate, both verbal and written concerns, suggestions, and ideas of the daily operations to promote a positive team member and guest experience. Ability to remain calm in stressful scenarios and give directions to maintain order and safety. Ability to effectively communicate with peers and Management.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to think logically and calmly, and ability to apply common sense when executing written, oral, or diagram instructions, all while maintaining order to ensure our guests’ safety.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.