The plumber is responsible for effectively maintaining all plumbing equipment in accordance with the standards of Pechanga Resort & Casino.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Maintains fluid systems throughout the Resort and Casino.
• Monitors water conservation, repairing leaks as necessary.
• Unclogs sanitary and raw drain systems.
• Maintains insulation of all heated and chilled water piping.
• Routinely inspects all plumbing equipment, identifying potential problems, and resolving same.
• Maintains an adequate supply of materials related to plumbing.
• Ensures integrity of existing plumbing systems, making recommendations for improvements, as appropriate.
• Installs new plumbing systems as needed.
• Maintains a working knowledge of plumbing standards and codes that apply to casino resort plumbing systems.
• Repairs and replaces all plumbing related devices and/or equipment
• Basic knowledge of water distribution system and meter equipment.
• Operate heavy equipment including loader, backhoe and forklift.
• Locate district utility service lines as requested by others for underground repairs.
• Diagnose problems (IE: leaks and/or equipment failures) and provide effective solutions.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: At least 4 years experience is required. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required as well.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: The position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. The position also requires the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. This position also requires the ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. The ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors is also required.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. This position also requires the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. This position also requires the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Applicant must possess or have the ability to obtain within 12 months of employment a Water Distribution Operator 1 Certification.
• Must be able to obtain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Valid California Drivers License
• Good organization and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Efficient with Microsoft based programs
• Ability to work under stressful situations
• Mentally strong and able to cope with challenges
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical manuals, procedures, government regulations, and blueprints
• Ability to review, organize and manage service contracts with outside contractors
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to lift 100 pounds
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.