Steak N Shake Cashier-PT
Steak n Shake is an American Classic restaurant located on the Pechanga property which offers steak burgers, milkshakes and fries. The Cashier is responsible for providing excellent service and create a warm and inviting atmosphere. Steak n Shake is open seven days a week for lunch and dinner. This position requires the individual to have great attendance and be flexible to work all shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Pechanga’s Core Values:
We are part of the Pechanga family. We take pride in our core values which are Pride, Passion and
We strive to meet our Pechanga Service Guarantees: Know your Pechanga, Exceed Expectations, Pride in Appearance, Build Relationships, Acknowledge all Guests
Pechanga Service Agreement:
Steak n Shake cashiers is at the forefront of customer service. Positive interactions with customers ensure repeat business in the future. Welcoming an incoming customer with a friendly smile and warm greeting ensures every customer is being treated with respect. Our goal is to provide great hospitality so that each interaction is a positive impression of the company and that their business is appreciated.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Greets guest and creates a welcome atmosphere by providing professional and exceptional customer service.
• Maintains hygiene by washing hands and sanitizing work station throughout the shift.
• Maintains detailed menu knowledge and promotes premium and highlights the differences in our premium items.
• Professionally takes guests orders and ensures accuracy and processes the payment at the front
register and/or drive thru and third party vendors (doordash, postmates, etc.)
• Processes team member meals according to company cash handling procedures.
• Processes various cash handling procedures (credit cards, gift cards, cash) and policies to remain in compliance.
• Prepares customized milkshakes, fresh lemonade and fountain drinks according specifications to
ensure quality and presentation.
• Prepares and maintains the EXPO station to ensure food is properly packed according to
• Prepares and stocks work station with accurate ingredients and supplies according to standards.
• Ensures the refrigerators and freezers are on and accurately maintained at the correct temperatures to ensure food is fresh.
• Maintains and portions sauces (condiments), refills ice, milk, ice cream and drive-thru refrigerator.
• Prepares and maintains utensils and ensures each work station is clean and sanitized.
• Maintain and sanitize the cleanliness and organization inside and outside of the restaurant
(counters, POS and credit card station, tables, chairs, walls, floors, dining room, lights in dining
area, restrooms, sweep and mop floors inside and outside and remove trash)
• Report all suspicious activity including counterfeit currency, potential theft and safety or emergency concerns to management if/when they occur.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with team members.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by Management.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of one (1) year hospitality, retail or related experience preferred.
• Must have valid driver’s license with no restrictions.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
• Cash handling and point-of-service experience is a plus.
• Able to solve problem and work calmly and effective under pressure.
• Excellent communication skills with a team player attitude.
• Teachable and flexible to changes.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.