EVS Utility Crew
An essential function of this position is to keep a nice and clean casino at all times. This position is to clean all areas that regular EVS is unable to reach or clean without the use ladders or platforms more than 3 steps (High areas). Utility Crew is responsible for maintaining all carpets, chairs, and card tables and will use pressure washers or any other equipment required to complete any projects
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Clean and shampoo all carpets.
• Check all machines to be sure they are working properly.
• Stock all incoming supplies.
• Maintain all air vents for proper airflow.
• Maintain all flooring, carpet, and hard surfaces.
• Cover and maintain gaming tables, and rails.
• Wipe down and clean all high areas other EVS staff is unable to complete.
• Clean all glass that other EVS staff is unable to complete.
• Vacuum all areas that other EVS staff is unable to reach or complete.
• Some bending, stooping and lifting up to 75 lbs.
• Respond to all problem calls.
• Other job related duties as assigned.
• Will protect the assets of Pechanga Resort & Casino
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. This position also requires the ability to write simple correspondence. Furthermore, this position also requires the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. This position also requires the ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. This position also requires the ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to qualify to obtain a Class “B” gaming license.
• Knowledge of reading, writing and math, ability to speak English fluently
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Knowledge of carpeting and hard surfaces, technical training preferred
• Ability to climb ladders
• Ability to use, distinguish and know the use of most maintenance tools
• Valid drivers license and proof of insurance
• Medium to heavy lifting minimum of 75 lbs.
• Bending, stooping and reaching.
• Must be able to pass a post offer pre employment Physical Demand Test as a condition of employment.
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must have a pleasant personality and present a professional image when assisting players.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.