Slot Ops Supervisor
The Slot Operations Supervisor is responsible for coaching, training and mentoring new and existing team members. The Slot Operations Supervisor will perform evaluations, merit recognitions, administer disciplinary action and team member journaling. In addition during assigned shift the Slot Operations Supervisor will oversee the casino floor,
handle guest disputes, witnesses pay out of Slot Jackpots, authorize/ override Jackpots, and ensure all title 31 rules and regulations are being adhered to.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Authorize and verify jackpots /overrides.
• Handle guest disputes/concerns up to $100 with guest satisfaction.
• Update and maintain guest files/data
• Ensure machine accuracy with Jackpots and or reporting of any illegal activities.
• Dispatch and respond to radio calls
• Checking out BA Canister Release Key
• Managing the floor by walking assigned area ensuring that all departmental and company policies are being adhered to.
• Administrative Duties- scheduling, various daily reports (shift, variance re-cap, override, etc…), disciplinary action, team member journaling, merit recognition and evaluations, training/coaching.
• Establishes and maintains guest relationships with all guests through regular day to day guest interactions with all internal and external guests.
• Responsible for at Start of shift, check-out radio, keys and assess zone floor coverage.
• Responsible for at End of Shift, check-in radio, keys and pass-on any pertinent information to incoming SOS
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Slot Operations Supervisor has supervisory authority over assigned staff during shift to issue corrective action.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required; and at least 1 year of experience is preferred to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. This position also requires the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Furthermore, this position requires the ability to effectively present information and responds to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. This position also requires the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. This position also requires the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATION:
• Class A gaming license
• Proficient Knowledge of Computers and Software applications
• Must be able to use an “in-ear” listening device for radio communications.
• Ability to work under stressful situations
• Strong ability to handle change
• Positive and friendly demeanor
• Great communication skills
• Extensive slot knowledge
• Ability to work in a noisy, smoky environment
• Ability to push, pull and lift up to 70 lbs.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.