Banquet Houseman - OC
The Banquet Houseman is responsible for setting-up all meeting rooms as outlined on the Banquet Event Order (BEO).This position entails extensive physical labor which includes the lifting of tables, chairs and other heavy equipment.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Carries out and ensures all information listed on the Banquet Event Order (BEO) is set-up in the meeting room.
• Clarifies and executes all pop-up events, refreshes and revisions for meeting rooms.
• Decorates and set-ups all buffets to the stated theme.
• Installs and lifts all ice sculptures for VIP events.
• Polishes and ensures that all meeting rooms have water glasses, silverware and all other standard meeting set-up.
• Checks and maintains all assigned storerooms have been cleaned and organized.
• Ensures that all linen and skirts are free from stains and tears when being used for an event.
• Ensures that the meeting rooms have been completed, cleaned and checked by a Houseman Shift Supervisor before the end of their shift.
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Banquet Houseman position does not have any supervisory/managerial responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and at least 1 year relative experience is required to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. This position also requires the ability to write simple correspondence. Furthermore, this position also requires the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. This position also requires the ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. This position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Food Handlers Certification
• Must be able to lift 75 pounds with no medical restrictions.
• Must maintain a high level of quality and professionalism at all times with team members and guests.
• Special vision requirements include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships). The above special vision requirements are required for moving tables, pushing and setting risers and pushing carts filled with equipment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.