Director of Hotel Operations
The Director of Hotel Operations promotes and maintains the utmost integrity and the highest caliber of guest service within Resort Operations. This position directs, manages, and coordinates the activities of the Departments of Guest Services, Reservations, Front Services, Housekeeping, and Transportation.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Ensure highest level of service in Resort Guest/Customer satisfaction.
• Effectively address internal/external customers to identify and resolve customer concerns.
• Efficiently maintain occupancy through yield management of resort inventory: Casino VIP Host Block, direct-mail, general sales, and group and catering room blocks.
• Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a leader and role model for other Team Members.
• Resolve customer concerns and complaints by conducting thorough investigations and determining the most effective solutions.
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to Team Members. Observe Team Member performance and create a work environment that fosters the professional development and growth of Team Members.
• Monitor workload and make staffing recommendations accordingly.
• Listen and respond to guest inquiries in a positive and articulate manner. Answer questions and offer assistance by providing accurate information on any services relating to front desk operations.
• Collaborate with other departments on service delivery issues and customer expectations recognizing the interdependencies that exist and the impact of actions and decisions on other departments.
• Supervise staff, including recruitment, training, counseling, performance evaluation, and discipline.
• Develop and recommend short and long-term goals, and establish and implement specific strategies to achieve the goals.
• Develop, recommend, and implement policies and procedures and ensure all guidelines are being followed.
• Collaborate and participate in annual business plan and operating budget and capital expenditures budget.
• Attend seminars to increase knowledge on the latest Hospitably Strategies to include guest-facing, technology, and efficiency.
• Identify key performance indicators (KPIs) and prepare monthly scorecard.
• Prepare a variety of letters, memoranda, and reports.
• Knowledge of labor related legislation, such as the Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Human Rights, and Human Resources policies and procedures sufficiently to ensure correct application and adherence in the supervision of Team Members.
• Familiar with all safety and emergency procedures: Annual Pechanga Fire Department Table Top emergency drill: Resort Guest and Team Member, assembly areas and role call responsibilities.
• Maintain favorable working relationships with all departments and Team Members, to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious work environment.
• Ensure the workplace is maintained in a clean and safe manner.
• Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position serves in a supervisory capacity. Responsibilities may include budgeting, hiring/terminations, Team Member relations issues, mentoring, and corrective actions. This position requires a mindful approach to resource management and is responsible for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: Bachelor's degree (BA) in Hospitality Management, Business Administration, or other related field is required; at least six (6) years related experience in the hospitality industry; or any combination of education, training or experience may be considered. A minimum of five (5) years in a management role is required.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Must be able to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Ability to obtain/renew all required licenses or certificates.
• Demonstrated leadership soft-skills and ability to lead teams.
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast-paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Possess great integrity, be a team player, and be a supportive and effective listener who seeks to motivate, coach, and mentor the team.
• Detail oriented, self-starter with ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to work under stressful situations, mentally strong, and able to cope with many challenges.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines.
• Ability to learn the property’s management systems.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by Team Members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.