EVS Utility Mechanic
The EVS Utility Mechanic will help maintain all equipment used by the EVS/Housekeeping departments. The mechanic will also clean areas when asked.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Inspect and repair all equipment with the EVS/HSKP departments depending on damage and general wear and tear.
• Clean and shampoo all carpets when asked to assist.
• Maintain all machines to be sure they are working properly.
• Stock all incoming supplies.
• Assist in maintaining all flooring, carpet, and hard surfaces when asked to assist.
• Respond to all equipment problem calls.
• Refill all hand sanitizer stations.
• Assist EVS Supervisors with job supervision as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Accountability: This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other Team Members of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “B” gaming license.
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a valid drivers’ license and proof of insurance.
• Knowledge of reading, writing, and math; ability to speak English fluently and communicate effectively.
• Knowledge of carpeting and hard surfaces, technical training preferred.
• Ability to climb ladders; ability to use, distinguish, and know the use of most maintenance tools.
• Experience with scan Tool Diagnostics and hand tools, air tools, and lifting equipment.
• Perform all periodic maintenance and repair of shampoo machines, buffers, vacuum cleaners, carpet extractors, wet and dry vacuums, electric staple gun, sewing machine, carpet plug and all electric power tools.
• Electrical background knowledge and application, preferred.
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by Team Members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.