Servers are Pechanga’s ambassadors of guest service within each of the restaurants. They customize service for each guest to create a memorable dining experience. They facilitate those dining experiences with menu/bar/wine knowledge, service etiquette, and sales ability. Servers contribution to the organization is the moment to moment service with guests which provides amiable and personable contact for every table, creating a face to represent four diamond service at Pechanga Resort and Casino. Servers contributions to the department extend to bottom line. They cultivate professional relations with clientele approaching each table as a business transaction, selling product and services available in the restaurant. Servers contributions to the guests are to understand their expectations and be the means to pair them with exact resort product/dish/wine/etc for those needs. They understand and then provide based on their understanding.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Greeting tables upon arrival with a warm and personable approach
• Selling menu items by being specific, pairing items that compliment each other and the guest’s tastes.
• Be and ambassador of the guest by asking guest specific questions and tailoring service to their expectations.
• Take guests’ order accurately and in a timely manner consistent with restaurant’s steps of service input and deliver food orders for each table.
• Take and deliver beverage order for each table.
• Preset tables for service with items that guests may need to enjoy their meal.
• Clearing all soiled china, glass or silverware through out guests’ dining experience.
• Be knowledgeable about all menu items (food/beverage/wine)
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of proper service etiquette with every guest.
• Keep an accurate running check of guests’ orders and present a final bill for guests, process all payments according to PRC Cash Handling Procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: The F&B Food Server does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: At least 6 months experience is preferred to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. This position also requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Furthermore, this position requires the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. This position also requires the ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. This position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• TIPS certification
• Food Handler’s Card
• Ability to perform tray service. In many of the dinner houses tray service is mandatory. Be able to load, carry and unload trays in a manner safe for oneself and guests.
• Ability to take direction well and without being offended. Servers will be getting directions and requests from guests and management.
• Multitasking and Time Management. Servers need to be able to self pace with guest service being the purpose behind every action. Servers have to be able to manage their time between tables accordingly, multitask for maximum efficiency and expedite service in line with the restaurant’s SOP’s.
• Possess fluent English speaking, writing and comprehension skills.
• Servers need to be personable
• Servers are expected to be knowledgeable about the menu and offerings within the restaurant they are working as well as amenities of the resort.
There are other service related classes that are required of the service team within the first 90 days of employment to be taken through the Pechanga University.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.