Talent Acquisition Partner
The Talent Acquisition Partner will be responsible for the recruitment efforts focused on the day to day and strategic goals of Pechanga Resort & Casino. This position executes responsibilities in the following areas: recruitment, social media recruitment, sourcing, resume review/phone screens, tracking/organizing data, and general Talent Acquisition duties.
• Review applications and interview applicants to obtain work history, education, training, job skills, and salary requirements, and to provide information about the organization and position
• Work with Sourcing Manager to develop appropriate sourcing strategies for each role.
• Use sourcing tools and techniques to identify and attract candidates such as online social networking, traditional networking, searches, and referrals
• Recruit quality talent through targeted active and passive recruiting sources (i.e. ATS, cold calling, references, referrals, interviews, print media, social media, community partners, etc.)
• Manages candidates throughout interview process to include HR Processing, Gaming License Scheduling
• Ensure company staffing needs are filled in a timely manner, and that the company maintains a robust pipeline of qualified candidates.
• Facilitate the application process and conduct pre-employment assessments
• Conduct phone interviews/screens and provide hiring manager(s) with candidate information in a timely manner for the requisition's set workflow.
• Work with Talent Acquisition team members to create and develop effective recruitment marketing campaigns and channels to source candidates, including advertisements, hiring events, career centers, and job programs
• Ghost / Shadow with hiring managers’ team/department to develop clear insights of the team culture, strengths, and gaps to help candidates fully understand the opportunity.
• Posting and management of position descriptions in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and career boards (internal & external).
• Writes offer letters and extends offers of employment, verifies compensation and other information is accurate and within requisition and company guidelines
• Tracks the progress of applicants through the hiring process until clearance is received from Gaming Commission.
• Tracks Time-to-Fill metrics for openings.
• Supporting military recruiting initiative, including partnering with military placement vendor to identify potential positions for veterans, educating managers on realizing transferable skills, and ensuring a positive candidate experience.
• Develop and Manage strong consultative relationships with hiring managers and candidates.
• Provide reporting and regular status updates to the Talent Acquisition Sourcing Manager and Hiring Manager as required.
• Participate in recruitment knowledge sharing and best practices.
• Ensure hiring preference is extended to members of the Pechanga Band of Mission Indian Members and to members of other nationally recognized Native American tribes.
• Maintains a professional image at all times; interaction with the general public and team members is always conducted in a polite, courteous manner.
• Contacting candidates, following-up with candidates, and managing candidate pipeline.
• Scheduling interviews, briefing and debriefing candidates before and after interviews. Maintaining timely documentation of all conversations with candidates within our internal database.
• Assisting in generating leads from conversations with candidates.
• Presenting candidates to our management team applying high quality standards.
• Posting job descriptions on job boards, and tracking posting status and results.
• Partner with the Talent Acquisition Sourcing Manager to implement creative recruiting resources to attract qualified professionals.
• Identifying and attending networking activities such as career fairs, professional association meetings, technical schools and outplacement services.
RELATIONSHIP TO OTHER POSITIONS:
• Reports directly to TA Manager
• Communicates regularly with all members of the HR staff
• Interacts with Casino team members and Management team
• Contributes to process development/improvement initiatives.
• Assists other Talent Acquisition Partners/HR team as time permits.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: High school Diploma or GED is required. Bachelor's degree preferred. 3 years of hands-on, exempt and non-exempt level recruiting experience; 3 years agency search experience or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Experience with an applicant tracking system or CRM is required. Ability to exercise effective judgment, confidentiality, sensitivity and creativity to changing needs and situations
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Intermediate Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Intermediate Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Advanced level Microsoft Office skills needed (Word, Excel & Outlook) along with internet research capabilities
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems while exhibiting sound judgment
• Comfortable with change & ability to adapt quickly
• Ability to manage a fast-paced and sometimes unpredictable workload
• Polished and professional presentation and communication style; capable of communicating complex content in a succinct manner in-person, over the phone, and through written correspondence
• Ability to guide processes to closure
• Excellent desk/computer/workflow organizational skills
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and within tight timelines
• Strong attention to detail
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.