The landscaper will provide a pleasant view of areas in breezeway and perimeters of Casino Parking Lot, Recreational Vehicle Park, pool, and rooftop garden by ensuring lawns and gardens are properly maintained.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Operates powered equipment such as pruning saw, blowers, hedger, weed whips, and edgers
• Waters lawns, trees, and plants, using portable sprinkler systems, hoses, or watering cans Cares for natural turf fields, making sure the underlying soil has the required composition to allow proper drainage and to support the grasses used
• Cares for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing, and removing thatch, and trimming and edging around flower beds, walks, and walls
• Plants seeds, bulbs, foliage, flowering plants, grass, ground covers, trees, and shrubs, and applies mulch for protection using gardening tools
• Decorates gardens with stones and plants
• Hauls or spreads topsoil, and spread straw over seeded soil to hold soil in place
• Cultivates lawns and gardens
• Rakes, mulch, and compost leaves
• Trim and pick flowers and cleans flower beds, gathers and removes litter
• Provides proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planets, burial sites, and other grounds features
• Uses hand tools such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge and brush trimmers, and axes
• Provide water at scheduled times for all planted areas
• Ability to operate and maintain all power equipment
• Knowledge and use of all hand tools, manual tools and power tools.
• Operate irrigation controls.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned
• ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities but is accountable for following all PR&C rules and regulations per employee handbook.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: At least 2 years’ experience is required.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: The position requires the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. The position also requires the ability to write simple correspondence. The ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization is required as well.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: The position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. The position also requires the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
REASONING ABILITY: The position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. The position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to obtain a Class “B” gaming license.
• Valid California Drivers License
• Good organization and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to work under stressful situations
• Ability to install sprinkler pipes when needed
• Ability to prep for concrete pours
• Mentally strong and able to cope with challenges
• Must know how to operate irrigation controllers
• Ability to communicate in English
• Must be able to maintain regular attendance
• Must wear uniform provided neatly and clean each day.
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.