VP of Human Resources
The Vice President of Human Resources serves as a key member of Pechanga Resort & Casino’s executive leadership team. This position is responsible for leading the vision, strategy, development, and execution of organizational effectiveness, talent, and culture management programs aimed at advancing PRC’s mission & values and enhancing business results. This position is responsible for the strategic Human Resource planning to provide PRC with the best talent available and to position the company for future success. Responsible for leading and managing the Human Resources team’s execution of its strategies to achieve the company’s development objectives. This position oversees learning & development which is responsible for developing, researching, and maintaining training programs that support a philosophy of leadership excellence at all levels at PRC.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by PRC.
• Participate in the development of Pechanga’s talent philosophies, vision, mission and values
• Develop and implement HR strategic and operational plans
• Champion and enforce Pechanga vision, mission and values among Team Members
• Implement strategies and tactics to ensure Pechanga is an employer of choice
• Implement executive and management compensation and incentive plans
• Develop and implement bench-strength and succession planning processes
• Develop, maintain and ensure the proper implementation of HR policies that are fair to the employees, protect sovereign rights, and promote ongoing growth and success
• Develop “best of class” property-wide policies and establish clear expectations of behavior
• Communicate property-wide policies and ensure consistent implementation and enforcement of policies using common sense and humanistic approach
• Promote tribal preference, development, and career advancement
• Design, develop, and implement HR plans/tactics that support PRC’s overall organizational strategy and objectives
• Partner with PRC’s leadership team to analyze and prioritize the critical business challenges faced by the organization and deploy appropriate HR interventions/support
• Serve as a credible senior advisor and trusted resource to the PDC Board, GM, and PRC leadership team
• Ensure operational effectiveness by continually monitoring and measuring the effectiveness and efficiency of the HR team
• Provide leadership and direction to the management team and business unit HR leaders to resolve HR problems, manage organizational change, and drive success
• Counsel PRC leadership on HR issues such as organization design, leadership development, succession management, change, performance management, training, human resource policy, talent acquisition and retention strategies, benefits, compensation, and team member recognition initiatives
• Design, plan, and manage the delivery of all HR support to team members including: recruitment, professional development, training, compensation, benefits, communications, and talent management solutions
• Evaluate opportunities for the Human Resources Division to improve strategic effectiveness as it relates to the Division’s strategic and annual operating plans such as retention, turnover, leaves of absence, unemployment, management accountability, employee relations, organizational structure, work processes, teamwork, and leadership
• Interpret and drive action planning as a result of team member engagement surveys; assess workforce “temperature” through formal and informal sensing and report results/action plans
• Lead through visibility by participating in routine workplace “rounds” and applicable tribal, organizational, and community events
• Develop and manage budgets for the Division and perform periodic cost and productivity analysis
• Manage labor issues and initiative in conjunction with General Manager and leadership team.
• Oversee learning and development programs to maintain operational excellence, staff profiency, and management and leadership effectiveness
• Oversee onboarding and organizational orientation programs and training to achieve consistent delivery of Four Diamond Customer Service and Quality Standards
• Support applicable team member leave of absence/return to work coordination per applicable laws/defined policy
• Administer HR programs to ensure compliance with all applicable employment-related laws
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge on HR issues/trends and legislation that have long-term potential impact on the business, and proactively positions management to respond to these issues.
• Work with PRC leadership to establish a management succession plan that identifies both internal and external talent and supports the goals and objectives of the business
• Coach management to consistently deliver effective performance management through regular performance reviews, goal setting, and consistent performance management practices
• Oversee responses to and resolution of employee relations issues
• Enhance and/or develop, implement, and maintain human resources practices and procedures through systems and technology that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of PRC
• Develop and maintain meaningful Human Resources metrics, benchmarking against industry standards
• Partner in the development and implementation of motivating, comprehensive compensation and benefit plans/programs that are competitive and cost effective
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Vice President of HR/Talent Management has managerial responsibilities including divisional hiring, terminations, team member relation issues, forecasting and budgeting.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Management is required with at least 10 years in an HR senior management role within a large organization; or an equivalent combination of education and experience in the areas of talent management, compensation and benefits, human resources information systems, employee relations and organization development; of which at least 8 years has been spent in a significant senior human resources management role. Senior HR professional certification required (SPHR, SHRM-SCP). Experience in Indian Gaming preferred.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. This position also requires the ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Furthermore, this position also requires the ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. This position requires the ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to work with mathematical concepts, and to apply such concepts as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. This position also requires the ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• SHRM-SCP or SPHR Certification
• Qualify to obtain a Class “A” gaming license
• Knowledge of current and relevant tribal, state, and federal Human Resources laws and regulations
• Labor relations knowledge
• Skill in training employees in effective management and supervision skills
• Comprehensive knowledge of HR practices - recruitment/staffing, employee relations, compensation & benefits, leadership, organizational development, and training & development
• Ability to communicate effectively with senior executives, establish and maintain partnerships, and provide thought leadership
• Ability to design and implement large-scale changes and to maneuver easily between conception and operation
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.