The Facilities Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the Facilities Department and ensures that the property is in proper working condition. This position will successfully interact with all departments and is responsible to be in alignment with the mission and objectives of Pechanga Resort and Casino (PR&C). The Facilities Manager, Support will primarily focus on Painting, Upholstery, Cabinet Shop, and Landscaping areas.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Regularly reviews and evaluates departmental performance, working through department leadership to take appropriate steps in resolving unsatisfactory results or conditions
• Coordinates with the appropriate department heads in the development of operating budgets. Ensures that operations are maintained within budgetary constraints
• Ensures compliance with all appropriate laws and regulations
• Facilitates the flow of information throughout the organization
• Monitors the performance of all Maintenance, with a specific focus on designated areas, related outside services, and the execution of all maintenance contracts
• Responsible for adherence to health, fire, and safety regulations
• Plans, directs and evaluates all phases of property maintenance management; scheduled and non-scheduled
• Protects the assets of Pechanga Resort & Casino and maintains confidentiality and integrity when working within the resort and casino
• Performs other job related duties as assigned
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position serves in a management capacity. Responsibilities may include budgets, hiring/terminations, employee relations issues, mentoring, and corrective actions. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort and Casino; upholding confidentiality and integrity; and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of five (5) years’ relevant work experience is required. Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience. A combination of education, relevant work experience, and supervisory experience may be considered in lieu of minimums stated above. A minimum of 4 years of work related experience is required in the functional area this position manages.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. The position also requires the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public is required as well.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. The position also requires the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. This position also requires the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Valid California Drivers License
• Able to follow all PR&C rules and regulations per employee handbook.
• Good organization and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to work under stressful situations
• Mentally strong and able to cope with challenges
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical manuals, procedures, government regulations, and blueprints
• Ability to review, organize and manage service contracts with outside contractors
• Efficient with Microsoft based programs
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.