Gas Station & Mini Mart Warehouse Supervisor
Pechanga Gas Station and Mini Mart offers a wide range of products and services including convenience, and grocery items, gasoline, propane, car wash, detailing services and quick service Mexican food. The Supervisor is responsible for managing, overseeing, identifying problems, analyzing data and propose solutions while providing excellent service support to the operation which is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with team members.
This position requires the individual to have great attendance and be flexible to work all shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Pechanga’s Core Values:
We are part of the Pechanga family. We take pride in our core values which are Pride, Passion and Professionalism.
We strive to meet our Pechanga Service Guarantees: Know your Pechanga, Exceed Expectations, Pride in Appearance, Build Relationships, Acknowledge all Guests
Pechanga Service Agreement:
Gas Station and Mini Mart Attendants are at the forefront of customer service. Positive interactions with customers ensure repeat business in the future. Welcoming an incoming customer with a friendly smile and warm greeting goes a long way and assures they leave the premises with a positive impression of the company. Team Members should treat customers with respect, and make it clear that their business is appreciated.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Open and Close Daily
• Oversees and monitors the warehouse operations of the Pechanga Gas Station.
• Supervises warehouse staff and daily activities.
• Ensures the timely completion of all projects and related tasks, in accordance with established procedures.
• Conducts proper training for staff on warehouse operations.
• Provides direction and support to team members on improving job performance.
• Protects the assets of the company through monitoring and controlling of labor, prevention of accidents, preventing the misuse of company property and overseeing the cash handling procedures.
• Duties and Responsibilities (con’t):
• Effectively communicates the needs and concerns of operating the warehouse to upper management in a timely, clear and concise manner. This includes conveying the information needed to successfully operate the business and manage Team Members.
• Acts as a representative of the company in the interaction and satisfaction of the guests/patrons of the facility.
• Proactively searches out new ways to improve the daily operations of the business and timely shares these ideas and supporting documentation with the Store Manager
• Report all suspicious activity including counterfeit currency, potential theft and safety or emergency concerns to Department of Public Safety (DPS).
Fuel, Propane and Carwash:
• Monitor fuel inventory and respond to any fuel alarms.
• Conduct underground storage tank audit monthly.
• Troubleshoot POS, car wash, gas station pumps, propane dispensing station and notify vendors of any unresolved issues.
• Dispense propane.
• Encode team member badges for the gas discount program.
• Prepare, order, and coordinate with vendors to submit mini mart items including food and convenience items, beverages, tobacco, and alcohol orders for replenishment of inventory. Upon arrival verify, review, edit, adjust, and investigate inventory discrepancies. All discrepancies and any new product must be reported directly to upper management.
• Ensures the receiving process for deliveries is executed in a timely and efficient manner.
• Merchandise and restock products daily while adhering to strict product rotation.
• Pick up supplies and products for store as needed from casino warehouse and other retail stores.
• Conduct quarterly physical inventory counts and ensure team member’s count is accurate.
• Monitor and manage inventory spoilage and waste on daily basis.
• Verify all product shelf labels are current with correct pricing.
• Assist Store Manager with monitoring convenience store profit margins each day and adjust retail prices for best competitive pricing.
• Supervise organization and cleanliness of the property at all times (inside and outside, the pump islands, mini mart, car wash area, propane station, landscaping, driveways, back patio, parking lot, floors, shelves, coolers, storage areas, eating areas, register area, breakroom and restrooms).
• Assist Store Manager to conduct performance reviews, team member notices and corrective actions.
• Respond and provide solutions to customer and team member concerns.
• Write and submit incident report (customer and team member) as needed.
• Adhere to Company Policies and Procedures.
Perform additional duties as assigned by the Store Manager.
Education and Experience:
• Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
• Minimum of one (3) years hospitality, customer service, retail or related experience required.
• Experience with managing team members and great interpersonal and organization skills.
• Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication.
• Must have valid driver’s license with no restrictions.
• Cash handling, Point-of-sale and inventory management software experience is a plus.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by team members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.