The Environmental Services (EVS) Lead is responsible to direct the work flow of EVS personnel and keep the casino clean and stocked at all times.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Assist in ensuring all housekeeping duties and responsibilities are completed effectively and efficiently.
• Assist in trash pickup around customers when necessary.
• Assist in cleaning spills and ashtrays when necessary.
• Assist in cleaning, sweeping, moping, and wiping down restrooms when necessary.
• Assist in vacuuming and cleaning carpets when necessary.
• Assist in emptying all large trashcans and small cans when necessary.
• Assist in cleaning machines, time permitting when necessary.
• Oversee duties of 75 to 80 personnel.
• Assist in scheduling area duties and days off of personnel as needed.
• Assist with training of EVS personnel.
• Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position serves in a supervisory capacity. Responsibilities may include budgeting, hiring/terminations, Team Member relations issues, mentoring, and corrective actions. This position is responsible for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one (1) year to three (3) years’ experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
• Experience with computers using Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
• Ability to operate vacuum cleaners, use mops, and mop buckets.
• Required punctuality and willingness to work.
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must have a pleasant personality and present a professional image when assisting guests.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be able to work all shifts.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Experience in stocking preferred.
• Supervisory experience preferred.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by Team Member within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Team Member assigned to this job.