Bingo Clerk I - PT
The Bingo Clerk I reports to the Bingo Supervisors/Manager and is responsible for POS (Point of Sale), Pull Tab, and Floor Sales stations.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• POS (Point of Sale) station sells bingo cards, bingo game packages, early bird packs, warm up packs, late bird packs and all electronic bingo devices offered during a particular session.
• The POS Cashier role balances the running cash bank and issued inventories.
• Provides answers to questions concerning all bingo rules and all varieties of games and prizes as well as communicates upcoming and future events.
• Stays current with all bingo rules and program changes as well as bingo patterns, tabs, tickets and payouts.
• Floor Clerk roles circulates amongst the bingo players carrying all bingo related supplies using a small change cash bank and balance the running bank and then return any unused paper or product.
• Assists Bingo Caller in locating, identifying and verifying if a bingo win or multiple wins occurred and distributing prizes to winning players.
• Pull Tab Clerk roles sell and redeem event tickets/Pull tabs on the Bingo floor.
• Balance the running bank, issued inventories, and credit winning tabs paid out.
• Attentively locate customers who want to purchase tabs/tickets
• Understand the paper and electronic bingo products: Planet Bingo PhD™ Handsets, VIPick’em™, Pull Tabs, Event Tickets and related products as determined by the Bingo Supervisor, Manager and/or the VP of Slot Operations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: No previous Bingo experience is required; however, all candidates must possess a high school diploma or general education degree (GED). A college degree is preferred by not required.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Excellent communication skills and the ability to perform in a changing environment dealing with a variety of guests on a regular basis. The Bingo Clerk 1 should be able to quickly and effectively work all positions within the Bingo team if needed. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. All candidates must be able to read and write correspondence for the Bingo Manager and other upper management.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to quickly and correctly add, subtract, multiply and divide; along with basic algebra skills. Ability to perform these operations using units of US coin and currency.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple and complex instructions. Ability to deal with bingo related guest disputes in a pleasant and helpful manner to seek resolution.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to obtain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Must attend on-site training and classes required through Pechanga Learning & Development. Must attend & complete all departmental training classes.
• Must have above average skills in computer spreadsheets and word processing.
• Must have the ability to operate basic computer and audio systems.
• Must be able to follow any and all SOPs pertaining to the Bingo operation.
• Must be able to work effectively with all other employees.
• Must be able to conduct sales and make change and payouts in an accurate fashion and be able to work effectively with all other employees of the gaming and concession operations.
• Must be able to stand, walk and move for long periods of time.
• Must be able to lift/carry up to 30 lbs.
• Previous training, management, leadership experience is helpful, but not required.
• All candidates must be able to read and understand basic technical and financial documents.
• Must be able to use a radio including the ability to wear an “in-ear” earpiece.
• Ability to work in a noisy and smoke filled environment typical of a bingo hall and/or casino floor
• Must maintain Four Diamond appearance.
• Ability to work in a stressful environment.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.