The Purchasing Technician acts under the authority of the Purchasing Manager. Assists Purchasing Team with daily maintenance of FSM tasks. Works with Accounts Payable on vendor payment issues and performs other related work as required.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Guest Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Responsible for daily system maintenance tasks.
• Work directly with Accounts Payable team to resolve any vendor invoice/payment issues.
• Work directly with Warehouse Manager and team to resolve any vendor invoice/payment issues.
• Assist Purchasing Manager and Team in creating and/or running purchasing reports.
• Assist Purchasing Manager with Vendor Contracts and tracking Rebates.
• Protect the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Access to sensitive assets and areas are to be kept confidential.
• Ability to communicate effectively with Team Members and suppliers regarding product specifications.
• Work and communicate with internal and external guests to meet their needs in a polite, courteous, professional, and cooperative manner. Must be committed to quality service.
• Ability to communicate with suppliers to ensure adequate and timely response to operational purchasing needs.
• Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities however a high level of confidentiality is attached due to level of monetary involvement.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: A High School diploma or general education (GED) is required. An Associate’s Degree is preferred. At least 2 years’ experience in fast-paced office environment are required; 5 years preferred to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: The position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. The position also requires the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. The ability to effectively present information and responds to questions from groups of managers, clients, guests, and the general public is required as well.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages. The position also requires the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
REASONING ABILITY: The position requires the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. The position also requires the ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and work with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to obtain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Previous work experience with the Lawson-Infor purchasing system is preferred.
• Knowledge of purchasing policies and procedures.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
• Excellent organizational skills, strong ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal form.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment and perform multiple tasks.
• Must be able to meet deadlines, inclusive of working longer hours when required.
• Must have ability to maintain total confidentiality.
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast-paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays when required.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by Team Members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.