The Web Developer maintains all aspects of Pechanga’s internet and intranet sites. This position interfaces closely with the marketing department and development team to support, develop, maintain, and test new and existing web-based applications.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Under the direction of Management will maintain, develop, and test Pechanga’s web sites
• Assist in writing code, markup and CSS in a non-WYSIWYG environment.
• Support new web based applications and initiatives
• Assist in API integration or third party system implementation to existing web sites
• Assist in the SEO for company web site
• Participate in regular project meetings
• Abide by company and departmental SOP’s
• All other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: At least 2 years’ experience is required to successfully perform this job. An associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: N/A
• Proficient in Server Side Scripting (C# and ASP.NET)
• Familiar with Visual Studio and Adobe Creative Suite
• Proficient in web development tools such as Git (source version control) and NPM (package manager)
• Familiarity with MS SQL Server database and T-SQL
• Experience in SEO a plus
• Experience in ASP.NET MVC a plus
• Familiar with industry-standard UI design methods and best practices.
• Familiar with web standards and best practices.
• Detail oriented, self-starter with ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Qualify to obtain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Great smile, Good attitude, and Passion for web
• Professional demeanour
• Makes eye contact while speaking
• Ability to work under stressful situations
• Mentally strong and able to cope with many challenges
• Previous experience in the Casino and Hotel industry
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.