The Emergency Medical Technician provides first aid and basic life support services to the Pechanga Resort and Casino employees and its guests.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Provide Basic Life Support (BLS) care - Conduct patient assessment, decide on and implement care to include ambulance transport as needed.
• Administer First Aid - Conduct patient assessment, implement care, and give follow up instructions to patient as needed.
• Record and reports all activities that occurred during a medical incident.
• Transfer W/C claims - Issue medical referrals to physicians for employees who have been injured at work
• Maintain Equipment
• Attends continuing education and refresher training programs as required by employers, medical direction, licensing or certifying agencies.
• Re-stock First Aid Kits and cleans all equipment following appropriate disinfecting procedures.
• Remove / Replace Sharps containers.
• Other duties assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position does not have any supervisory or managerial responsibilities
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: At least 0 years experience is required/or 1 years preferred to successfully perform this job. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to obtain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Valid National Registry Emergency Medical Technician card or State of Ca EMT card
• Valid Health Care Provider CPR card
• Valid California Driver License
• Basic computer software skills.
• Physically able to lift, push/pull objects of significant weight.
• Alliance System report writing is beneficial.
• Must be able to function calmly in uncommon situations and stressful.
• Has a basic understanding of stress response and methods to ensure personal well-being.
• Has an understanding of body substance isolation.
• Understands basic medical-legal principles.
• Must be capable of interacting with the general public in a highly professional manner.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.