As part of the Pechanga Resort Casino in-house creative agency, the Graphic Designer works closely with the design and production teams to provide creative support and services to all operational departments.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
Execute graphic design assignments ranging from production work to advanced and conceptual design and logo development using the latest MAC OSX Platform and Adobe Creative Cloud Suite software including: Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat DC, well versed in In-Design with typography layout skill a plus.
Must have solid production and design skills for both print and digital applications: proficient preparing files for various print processes and digital mediums including large/small format, packaging, digital signage, web, email, and other digital marketing platforms.
Use the latest Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to correspond, edit, and produce internal documents or templates.
Must have strong attention to detail skills.
Create and revise all files adhering to PRC brand standards.
Coordinate closely with Project Specialist for assignment scope, objective, time/work schedules/deadlines, and production material requirements.
Maintain daily production schedule with speed and accuracy using project management software.
Contribute creative expertise to solve design challenges and consult with the Brand Manager for creative direction as needed to assure consistent branding, cohesive advertising campaigns, and elevated design solutions.
Assist with digital asset management and organization of brand assets.
Other duties as assigned.
Must provide a Portfolio of previous work as a requirement for interviewing.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Visual Communications Arts /Graphic Design or equivalent with emphasis on commercial art training and courses; at least five (5) years of professional graphic design experience (advertising and/or marketing preferred, casino gaming experience a plus); or equivalent combination of education and experience is required to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations, to customers, clients, and other team members of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to solve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Creative personality, thinker, and problem solver
• Proficiency with the latest MAC OSX Platform integrated operating system using the most current Adobe Creative Cloud Suite version commercial design software including: In-Design, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat DC.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to work well under pressure and with others.
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Ability to follow direction.
• Ability to pitch ideas and creative solutions.
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Ability to absorb, consider, and apply constructive criticism from peers and clients.
• Approachable and consultative, bringing creative solutions to design challenges.
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful; keeps up with design and industry trends
• Adapt to change with a positive attitude.
• Behave in a culturally sensitive way and be effective within a multi-cultural setting.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.