Accounts Payable Manager
The Accounts Payable (AP) Manager reports directly to the Controller. The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for all tasks and responsibilities of the Accounts Payable department, monitoring, maintaining, and controlling the Pechanga Resort Casino (PRC) Accounts Payable system, including system interfaces with General Ledger. Ensures timely and accurate payment of vendors. Other responsibilities include obtaining and maintaining necessary human and physical resources, devising and executing plans and strategies to meet responsibilities, maximizing efficiency and effectiveness of processes and internal controls, and interacting with outside parties necessary to meet all responsibilities of the accounts payable function.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Guest Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Effectively and efficiently recruit, interview, and hire quality Team Members.
• Effectively train, coach, mentor, and develop successful Team Members.
• Cross train Team Members to protect the Accounts Payable function from turnover.
• Manage the Accounts Payable team hands-on to ensure it executes tasks and meets responsibilities.
• Provide effective management and leadership consistent with company and department philosophies, beliefs, and culture.
• Ensure morale and performance issues are addressed timely and in accordance with company policies.
• Work with other departments as necessary to ensure the Accounts Payable department meets its responsibilities.
• Investigates discrepancies and identifies creative solutions.
• Create, monitor, update, and improve systems, processes, and tools necessary to meet department responsibilities.
• Provide positive leadership to general ledger accountants to organize tasks, assign areas of responsibility and tasks, utilize detailed closing schedules, monitor, and report daily progress.
• Improve effectiveness and efficiency by introducing new procedures and new Cloudsuite FSM Accounts Payable capabilities.
• Resolve problems and responds to non-routine inquiries relating to Accounts Payable records, while maintaining all appropriate levels of confidentiality.
• Create and maintain an accurate and comprehensive Microsoft Outlook Calendar of recurring tasks that AP is responsible for in order to protect the department against missed deadlines, turnover, and learning curves.
• Recognize and execute requirements of all common AP reporting including year-end 1099’s.
• Recognize and resolve uncommon payment issues, practices and situations.
• Report monthly to Gaming commission “Vendors over 25K”.
• Communicates frequently with outside vendors both verbally and in writing on matters relating to Accounts Payable transactions.
• Ensure the Accounts Payable department operates in accordance with applicable Accounts Payable, Pechanga Gaming Commission Minimum Internal Control Standards, and Pechanga Resort Casino Standard Operating Procedures.
• Ensure current and accurate Standard Operating Procedures exist and are being regularly used.
• Understand who the department’s internal and external guests are, what needs they have, and approach them with a guest service orientation.
• Safeguard assets of PRC.
• Ensure total confidentiality of all sensitive Accounts Payable data, records, and conversations.
• Other duties assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or other related field is required. Minimum 10 years of in-house Accounts Payable experience; 5 years of Accounts Payable management experience; and experience in a large scale Accounts Payable management; or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret accounting, regulatory, financial, managerial, and legal instructions, journals, pronouncements, reports, training materials, and documents necessary to meet all position responsibilities effectively and efficiently. Respond timely and professionally to inquiries and concerns from internal guests, external guests, regulatory agencies, and vendors as they relate to Accounts Payable. Compose emails, memos, letters, reports, policies, and procedures in a clear, concise, complete, and grammatically correct manner. Communicate information to others in a professional, clear, concise, and complete manner. Communicate in a timely manner all information necessary for Team Members, regardless of what department they work for, to be successful.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to calculate discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages, as well as, concepts of basic algebra.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to handle and resolve problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations, as well as, practical problems that deal with a variety of concrete and human variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to obtain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Certified Accounts Payable Professional preferred.
• Proficient using cloud environment ERP software for Accounts Payable; Infor Cloudsuite FSM preferred.
• Manage folding/sealing machine, scanner, fax, large scale copier, large scale printer, personal computer, 10-key calculator, OCR software, and ERP software.
• Proficient in Windows, Ephesoft, DataMagine, and Policy IQ applications.
• Ability to understand calculations for amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages, as well as concepts of basic algebra.
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
• Contribute to a positive work environment and good morale of coworkers.
• Be highly motivated, a self-starter, and resourceful.
• Be a positive role model.
• Possess a strong work ethic.
• Work successfully in a fast paced and culturally diverse environment.
• Multitask prioritizes, be organized, and be flexible as needed.
• Work nights, weekends, and holidays when needed.
• Detail oriented.
• Be positive, honest, and a team player.
• Contribute to the professional image of the department.
• Follow through with assigned tasks.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by Team Members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.