Baja Express Cashier/Cook-PT
The Baja Express Cashier/Cook ensures courteous, prompt and knowledgeable service and preparation of food and beverage to ensure total satisfaction of the guest experience. Food is cooked under the direction of the Baja Express Supervisor and/or Manager and recipes are followed. A clean, safe work environment is maintained by following the Health, Safety and Sanitation Codes of the State, County, and Pechanga Resort and Casino. Abides by OSHA regulations.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by PRC.
• Ensures all food is consistently prepared and served according to recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards
• Ensures all products are ordered according to predetermined product specifications
• Responsible for taking guest orders and entering them in Micros
• Follow proper cash handling procedures, maintains the cash drawer and completes the drawers’ paperwork
• Ensures the proper handling of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
• Adheres to established portion control guidelines
• Display accurate knowledge of food and beverage pricing
• Prep products
• Sweep and mop floors, empty trash
• Wears appropriate uniform and is well-groomed by following PRC’s Dress Code Standards
• Ensures all equipment is kept clean and in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following preventative maintenance programs
• Ability to work all Baja Express stations cooking and cashiering as needed
• Have current in-force Food Handling Licenses
• Other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; and at least year of experience is preferred to successfully perform this job.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
• Intermediate Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure. Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Intermediate Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to interpreting and carrying out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Food Handler Certification
• Proficient with POS system
• Firm understanding and practical application of Health and Safety standards
• Possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Must be able to work any day of the week and scheduled shift
• Possess fluent English speaking, writing and comprehension skills. Bilingual helpful, but not required
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by Team Members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.