Slot Technicians will provide technical and service assistance on the slot floor to Pechanga’s guests. The Slot Technician must strictly comply with all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and technical standards for slot machine maintenance and repair. Slot Technicians must follow the direction of the department manager and other supervisors to ensure proper adherence to all policies and procedures, including all State, Federal and Gaming Commission requirements. The key role of the slot technician is to assist the Slot Operations team to help accomplish their goals.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Provide exceptional Guest Service to Pechanga’s visitors and guests.
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Make repairs, replace parts, and perform machine maintenance functions.
• Understand and comply with all PRC, state, and federal rules and regulations.
• Quickly learn, and remain current, with all technical aspects of machine maintenance for all manufactures operated at PRC.
• Demonstrate an aptitude for basic math, electrical, mechanical, and personal computer skills.
• Ability to work efficiently, accurately, and quickly in a multi-tasking environment.
• Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); certificate of completion from a college and or technical school is preferred. At least one (1) year experience is required in slot repair, or a related technical, computer, or electronic background.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety guidelines, operating manuals, maintenance instructions, and policy and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or Team Member of the organization
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to use reasoning and understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved, written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems while remaining flexible and adaptable to help ensure the desired outcome.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Must complete an in-house Introduction to Slot Operations class within the first three (3) months.
• Must complete Title 31 training (in-house) within the first year.
• Must complete an in-house course on Responsible Gaming within the first year.
• Previous electronic, computer, and/or mechanical experience is mandatory.
• All candidates must be able to read and understand technical documents.
• All candidates must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Basic micro-computer skills are required (word processing, calendar, email, Windows, and spreadsheets)
• Must be able to use an “in-ear” listening device for radio communications.
• Ability to stand, walk, and move for long periods of time.
• Ability to use a radio including the ability to wear an “in-ear” earpiece.
• Ability and willingness to work any shift and any day. Shift schedules are often variable.
• Ability to wear a uniform which includes a tool belt and radio.
• Ability to work in a noisy environment.
• Ability to push, pull, and lift up to 70 lbs.