The Poker Clerk assists in preserving the integrity and orderly operation of assigned games and assets in accordance with all applicable rules, laws and regulations.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Creates and ensures a fun-filled, entertaining and exciting environment where the flawless delivery and execution of service excellence is paramount.
• Oversee the operations of assigned games.
• Monitor game activities for adherence to casino and government rules, regulations and procedures.
• Protect the integrity of all games including monitoring chip purchases, ensuring all transactions are correct and maintaining security and integrity.
• Track and document play of patrons.
• Ensure appropriate and professional care and service are provided to guests and employees.
• Ensure the protection and integrity of games, currency, chips, playing cards and other assets.
• Practice and foster open, clear, two-way communication with all related departments and superiors.
• Provide ongoing advice, support and direction to dealers.
• Apply positive communication, interpersonal and leadership skills with employees at all times.
• Proactively manage and direct the performance of assigned dealers. Provide and recommend training and performance enhancements and evaluations.
• Maintain excellent grooming and personal conduct according to company standards and ensure dealers do the same.
• Interact with department and company employees in a professional and positive manner to foster good rapport, promote team spirit and ensure effective two-way and cross-culture communications.
• Other duties as assigned
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: Basic knowledge of poker is required to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires Strong oral and written communication skills; must be fluent in reading, writing, understanding and speaking English.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: N/A
REASONING ABILITY: N/A
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Qualify to obtain class “A” gaming license
• Leadership, motivation, counseling, discipline and training skills.
• Ability to manage multi-cultural staff and to create and maintain a harmonious work environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
• Ability to adapt to and embrace technological changes.
• Average computer skills and the ability to learn new computer skills.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: N/A
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.