The buyer acts under the authority of the Purchasing Manager. Purchase a variety of items which require technical analysis and discretion, through either informal purchasing methods or formally negotiated contract techniques; performs related work as required.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Researches products, prepares purchase orders and places orders with selected vendors.
• Assess requisitions and proposals from vendors to negotiate contracts.
• Must be familiar with various resources to source products for purchase.
• All requisitions not requiring bids must be completed within 2-3 working days; requisitions with items for bid, within 5-7 working days.
• Solicit bids on items from sources of supply in order to determine a reasonable price, acceptable pack size, available discounts, and transportation or handling charges.
• Knowledge of purchasing methods and procedures including open market purchasing and formal contracting and negotiating techniques.
• Ability to communicate effectively with suppliers regarding product specifications.
• Works and communicates with internal and external customers to meet their needs in a polite, courteous, professional and cooperative manner. Must be committed to quality customer service.
• Ability to deal skilfully and tactfully with suppliers, to ensure adequate and timely response to operational purchasing needs.
• Confidentiality required about information gathered.
• Access to sensitive assets and areas.
• Ability to keep vendor pricing, operational, inventory, credit terms, past purchases, vendor information and financial data confidential.
• Protect the assets of Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• All other duties as assigned by the Purchasing Manager or Director of Purchasing.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities however a high level of confidentiality is attached due to level of monetary involvement.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: At least 3 years’ experience in high volume procurement is required (5 years preferred) to successfully perform this job. AA Degree is preferred.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: The position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. The position also requires the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public is required as well.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages. The position also requires the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
REASONING ABILITY: The position requires the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. The position also requires the ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to obtain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Procurement experience in gaming, hospitality, food and beverage preferred.
• Previous work experience with a modern ERP software system is preferred.
• Knowledge of purchasing policies and procedures.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Excellent organizational skills, strong ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal form.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to interface with PRC staff of all levels.
• Able to work in a fast paced environment and perform multiple tasks.
• Must be able to meet deadlines, inclusive of working longer hours when required.
• Must have ability to maintain total confidentiality.
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays when required.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.