Internal Audit Manager
The Internal Audit Manager will be responsible for planning, executing and reporting on operational, financial, regulatory and compliance related audits/reviews including giving recommendations on risk assessment and strengthening of internal controls. The Manager (and staff) will be a key business partner for the company driving change and overall process improvement throughout the organization ensuring that the internal control environment is operating effectively and efficiently. Responsible for leading and training staff to perform audits of multiple divisions and departments within a resort and casino environment and report results of findings to senior management.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Responsible for and leading high quality, professional day-to-day execution of internal audit engagements in complex areas of a resort and casino environment including gaming areas, hotel operations, restaurants, bars and nightclubs, golf operations, entertainment venues and other departmental areas.
• Determines internal audit scopes, develops annual audit plans, prepares audit programs and work papers to document results of audit work in accordance with industry standards.
• Prepares written reports of audit results and findings with details of audit steps performed, significant issues discovered and opportunities for improvement related to the company’s processes and make presentations of findings to senior management and the Board of Directors (when appropriate or requested).
• Monitors the company’s compliance efforts and communications with regulatory bodies with respect to Title 31, Fin-Cen and BSA compliance.
• Obtains expert knowledge of the Tribal Internal Control Standards as adopted by the Pechanga Gaming Commission (which are in compliance with the National Indian Gaming Commission’s Class II and Class III Minimum Internal Control Standards).
• Fosters open-ended, real time dialogue with leadership groups regarding risks and assessments.
• Suggests improvements in company operations to strengthen controls and improve operations.
• Develops and leads a comprehensive risk-based annual audit plan designed to meet established objectives.
• Leads, supports and trains an internal audit staff to be proficient in all aspects of auditing.
• Performs special audits as assigned by the Senior Leadership, CFO, or Board of Directors.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Accountability: This position serves in a management capacity. Responsibilities may include hiring/terminations, employee relations issues, mentoring and corrective actions. Team Member is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: Bachelor Degree is required, preferably in Accounting. A minimum of five (5) years of direct work experience in accounting, internal audit, or similar field is required. Casino related internal audit experience preferred. Public accounting firm experience (audit) is preferred. Supervisory and/or management experience and skills are required.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from regulatory agencies. Ability to effectively present information to top management and/or boards of directors.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts and ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret technical instructions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license
• CPA, CIA, or CISA preferred
• Have working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS)
• Advanced computer skills and ability to learn numerous software systems required
• Excellent time management and organizational skills required
• Must demonstrate the highest professional and personal standards with unquestioned integrity and business ethics
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.