Aquatic Technician II
The Aquatic Technician II is responsible for continuous maintenance of all aspects pertaining to pool, spa, pond, and fountain upkeep and care including diagnostic and trouble shooting skills on all chemical/parameter control systems, water circulation equipment, heating systems and will share skill set with Aquatic Technician I.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Responsible for guiding Aquatic Technician I team members and being available as a resource for teaching and sharing knowledge
• Maintains thorough understanding of all phases of water treatment, filtration systems and basic plumbing techniques.
• Recognizes equipment in need of repair, replacement or adjustment.
• Ensures all supplies and chemicals are ordered, maintain adequate levels of inventory to prevent shortages.
• Maintains and repairs, pools, spas, and water features throughout the resort and casino
• Determines chlorine content, pH value, and color of pool water at periodic intervals, using commercial testing equipment
• Completes forms indicating time, date, and pool water test results.
• Communicates diagnostic problems and scheduling difficulties to management
• Operates, troubleshoots, and repairs disinfectant chemical delivery systems; resolves equipment malfunctions in a safe and timely manner
• Vacuums pools, ponds, and spas, cleans tile, metal parts, and decks
• Performs other job related duties as assigned
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no direct supervisory accountability. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort and Casino; upholding confidentiality and integrity; and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required; must have four (4) years related experience and/or training, as a swimming pool service technician; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: The position requires the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Also required is the ability to write simple correspondence is also required. The ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization is required as well.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: The position requires the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. The ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry is required as well.
REASONING ABILITY: The position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. The ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations is required as well.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Valid California Drivers License
• Certification in pool and spa care; see ADDITIONAL INFORMATION below
• Competency in the use of test kits to determine pH, disinfectant residual, cyanuric acid concentration, total alkalinity, calcium hardness, and acid demand of pool, spa, and pond water
• Ability to communicate with all employees and management personnel
• Good organization and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and maintain constant awareness of safety and accident prevention
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all peers and departments.
• Applicant shall be required to pass a written examination demonstrating proficiency in swimming pool and spa care, within 90 days from the date of employment.
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.