Responsible for all aspects of beverage operations on the casino floor, in our night clubs and dining outlets. Oversee service and daily operations. Coordinate all beverage staff scheduling and training. Ensure all standards and expectations are being met and in accordance with PR&C policies. Ensure effective recruitment, selection, induction, training, coaching, and disciplining of all Beverage team members. Ensure achievement of all budgetary goals
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Present a professional manner at all times.
• Ensure proper service and atmosphere for guests.
• Ensure all liquor laws are adhered to and enforced by staff at all times.
• Work with the Director of Beverage, other Managers and supervisors in producing a work schedule for all beverage staff to include supervisors to ensure maximum productivity.
• Meet weekly with the Director of Beverage to develop weekly and monthly forecast of revenues and costs.
• Maintain monthly inventory and control of all equipment required to operate the department.
• Review controls to ensure costs are in line with forecasts.
• Perform daily walk through of all beverage service bar and floor outlets and make notations of any deficiencies.
• Work with other departments to ensure proper execution of liquor service policies.
• Monitor actions throughout casino to ensure compliance of all liquor laws.
• Oversee all disciplinary actions and terminations.
• Generate weekly reports for the Director of Beverage
• Ensure proper communication at all levels
• Monitor and maintain performance standards and objectives
• Oversee all disciplinary actions within the department
• Monitor actions to ensure compliance of all liquor laws
• Manage the development and implementation of new systems or concepts
• Other duties as assigned
• Inspect staff as to uniforms, cleanliness, identification, etc
• Ensure a safe working environment for employees
• Other job related duties as assigned.
The Beverage Manager position has supervisory responsibilities including departmental hiring, corrective actions, termination, team member relation issues, forecasting, budgeting and monthly profit and loss statements.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. This position also requires the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Furthermore, this position requires the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. This position also requires the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. This position also requires the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Qualify to obtain a class “A” Gaming License
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
• Preferred experience with Micros POS
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members and guests
• Pallet jack training
• Food Safety
• Responsible Beverage Service
• Ability to work flexible hours/holidays.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.