Effective Management of Bakery Production Kitchen in accordance with Pechanga Resort Casino (PRC) regulations. Establishes, Project plans and timelines to achieve department goals and objectives. Mentors Team Members on effective performance management skills to ensure the development of a capable work force.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Guest Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Provide leadership and guidance to all Team Members in the preparation and serving of high quality and great tasting product according to dietary restrictions.
• Identify and correct defects, implement continuous quality improvement procedures, and maintain highest levels of sanitation and safety in all department areas.
• Execute the financial objectives of the operation to include food cost, labor cost, and controllable expenses.
• Execute an active repertoire of dishes to advance the culinary experience of the Bakery staff, and be effective in communicating curriculum to Team Members through ongoing training programs.
• Complete daily and weekly inventory to ensure proper ordering. Maintain par for all purchasing as well as production.
• Protect the assets of PRC and maintain confidentiality and integrity when accessing Team Member information maintained in departmental files/systems.
• Responsible for overseeing the operational aspects of the kitchen division in meeting set standards.
• Administrative and operational support to the Executive Pastry Chef in meeting all department set targets.
• Must be able to demonstrate new cooking techniques, recipes, and equipment to kitchen staff.
• Assist in daily operation of the kitchen as needed. Provide all line staff with the necessary tools and equipment for safe food handling.
• Instill budgetary controls using established budget on an everyday basis.
• Assist Executive Pastry Chef in supervision of line staff in daily operations.
• Assist in planning, preparing, and serving of all food items and menus including but not limited to Bakery, Banquets, Buffet, and production for other outlets. Train kitchen staff on the execution of said items.
• Check all walk-in coolers and freezers daily to insure proper rotation, storage and usage of all food items.
• Ability to plan organize and operate all stations in their outlet
• Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: The F&B Production Head Baker position has supervisory responsibilities that include corrective action, terminations, proper ordering of products, and forecasting.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDCUATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: A High School diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Associate's degree (A.A) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and/or at least 5 years experience in Baking and Pastry in a high-volume atmosphere is preferred to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, guests, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Food Handlers Certificate.
• Proficient with Word, Excel, Stratton Warren, and Kronos Payroll System.
• Firm understanding and practical application of health and safety standards/laws.
• Knowledge of all aspects of kitchen and culinary operations specifically including Bakery and Pastry operations.
• Possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Familiar with traditional/contemporary methods of preparing and presenting local, regional, national, and international styles of food including Buffets, Receptions, and Plated Banquet Presentations.
• Must be able to work any day of the week and scheduled shift.
• Requires prolonged standing and walking. Requires mobility, normal hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity. Requires bending and reaching from floor to a height of 6 ft. Requires lifting of 50 lbs. Requires transporting, pushing, pulling and maneuvering of carts weighing up to 400 lbs. Work requires knowledge and use of chemicals and electrical equipment.
• Understands the aspects of bread baking and pastry production recipes and is able to make them in varying quantities.
• Ability to prepare all types of standard pastry sauces and develop new and creative Baking and Pastry Recipes.
• Can identify and prepare Danish and breakfast Pastries and know how best to prepare and fabricate.
• Can identify and prepare all commonly available fruits, vegetables, and other culinary related items.
• Must be accomplished in contemporary and traditional plated dessert production and presentation.
• Ability to adapt to change with a positive attitude, and a professional demeanor.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by Team Members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this job.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.