Director of Planning/Analysis
Responsible for the direction and supervision of the Planning & Analysis Department. Will lead analytics projects, supervise the data collection and report writing, and prepare summaries and recommendations based on the data. Analysis work may be for any area of Pechanga Resort Casino, including special projects not related to a specific department. Candidate is responsible for the integrity, accuracy and confidentiality of all data. Candidate is expected to be a self-starter and initiate planning and analysis work that relates to strategic planning for Pechanga. Candidate should be able to articulate the research findings and results to Pechanga Executives and make recommendations based on those results. Candidate should be capable of leading the acquisition of the business intelligence tools needed for the Planning & Analysis department to succeed.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
The position is responsible for performing various financial analysis, including but not limited to:
• Financial Reporting
• Financial Forecasting
• Marketing Campaign Analysis
• Marketing Database Analysis
• Patron Profitability Reporting
• Labor and Operational Analysis
• Market Share Reporting
• Casino, Hotel, F&B and Other Operational Analyses
• Preparation of the annual operating budget, capital budget and strategic plan
• Management of Capital Expenditure budget development, project submission, approval and tracking processes
• Cash Flow Forecasting
• Other ad hoc analyses as needed or assigned
• Assist in the guidance and training of the Business Data Analyst(s) and other co-workers
• All other duties assigned
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has supervisory responsibilities that include hiring/termination, corrective actions, and employee relation issues.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Statistics or related analytical field required.
• Master’s Degree preferred
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a leadership role in planning, analysis, financial analysis, operational analysis, labor analysis.
• Casino Gaming and Hospitality analytics experience strongly preferred.
• Understanding of data storage and an ability to read queries and extract data from the system
• Demonstrated ability to lead and direct a group of analytically-oriented individuals
• Ability to develop complex analytical models, dashboard and reports from available data sources
• Must be able to learn new business intelligence tools and report writing tools, as necessary
• Excellent communication skills are imperative as you will be interacting with various departments and instructing other professionals
• Must be able to work within a group, contribute to and learn from group members.
• This individual should feel comfortable in an extremely fast-paced environment where working under deadlines is the norm.
• The ideal person thrives in the creative and dynamic environment and can apply their skills wherever needed.
• Tableau, SQL, Advanced BI Software, Microsoft Excel or other statistical or analytical software experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to obtain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Ability to use repetitive finger movement on (computer), and to use repetitive twisting of wrists or hands on (computer).
• This position requires sitting for long periods of time (up to 5 hours per day).
• Must possess the ability to reach above/below shoulder level.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.