The welder is responsible for all MIG / TIG Welding and Sheet Metal Fabrication throughout the facility in accordance with the standards of Pechanga Resort & Casino
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Welding and fabricating material as required
• Knowledgeable in various types of sheet metal (galvanized, aluminum, mild steel, and stainless steel
• Maintenance includes, but is not limited to, hand rails, stainless steel counters, duct work
• Performs maintenance and service as assigned by the Shift Lead
• Maintains inventory stock; responsible for equipment being maintained at all times
• Must have duct fabrication experience
• Has a working knowledge of welding standards and codes that apply to commercial fabrication
• Protects the assets of Pechanga Resort & Casino and maintains confidentiality and integrity when working within the resort and casino
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required; must have five (5) years of experience as a Welder.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. This position also requires ability to write simple correspondence. The ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization is also required.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. This position also requires the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. This position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to obtain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Valid California Drivers License
• Ability to use, distinguish and know the use of all Welders tools
• Ability to communicate with all employees and management personnel
• Good organization and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.