The primary responsibility of the Systems Administrator is to administer, manage, monitor, and provide the technical expertise needed to support day-to-day operations of the large and diverse 24/7 environment. The Systems Administrator is also responsible for delivering mission-critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest level of system and infrastructure availability, performance, and security. This includes leading efforts to document, implement, maintain, monitor, and audit our rapidly growing systems environment that must meet the needs of a challenging set of development, operational, and business requirements with an unprecedented operational pace. As the Systems Administrator, you will work with the various other IT Teams, and other departments, and vendors where the expectation is to demonstrate innovative approaches to solving unique challenges encountered at a dynamic company, along with implementing best practices and safeguarding systems. The ideal candidate has a good understanding of Virtualization, Windows, Linux, and SAN/Storage technology platforms.
This position is remote-friendly, however, occasional onsite work may be required at the discretion of Pechanga Resort Casino (PRC) management.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino (PRC).
• Build, deploy, configure, administer, manage, troubleshoot, document, and maintain a large enterprise.
• Monitor existing systems to ensure performance and uptime.
• Serve as technical interface with multiple stakeholders in the organization.
• Provide level 2 and 3 escalation support for the IT Support Center.
• Escalation coordination for level 4 support with product vendors.
• Liaise with vendors, development, IT personnel, and other departments.
• Work with the IT Network team to establish and maintain network communication between systems.
• Work with the IT Security team to ensure all systems are implemented, maintained, and patched according to security policies and industry best practices.
• Ensure that all systems comply with all SOPs, Policies, MICS, licenses, and regulatory requirements.
• Research, evaluate, recommend new hardware, peripherals, systems, applications, other software, and equipment necessary to meet PRC’s integrated systems objectives.
• Manage installation and integration of multiple systems.
• Install, test, configure, and optimize hardware and software systems.
• Software quality control of internal and third party applications.
• Work with the IT Project Management Team on new large system deployments and upgrades.
• Provide project management for smaller deployments and upgrades.
• Resolve IT and data problems that are of a non-routine and unique nature.
• Provide input/feedback and support to the asset lifecycle management plan.
• On-call technical support to the overall organizations and associated systems.
• Continually evaluate and improve the efficiency of IT systems and documentation.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a constructive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in IT, computer science or related field; and a minimum of (3) years or more of relevant work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be combined and considered in lieu of degree/experience requirements.
• 3+ years of Systems Administrator or 5+ years IT Support experience
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals. This position also requires the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the community. The position also requires the ability to write justifications and recommendations along with the ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors as required.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: The position requires the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. This position also requires the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: The position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. This position also requires the ability to accurately interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• VMWare and Microsoft certifications a plus.
Experienced and proficient with:
• Server and infrastructure hardware.
• Virtualization (focus on VMWare).
• Multiple Operating Systems, including modern Microsoft platforms, Unix, or related variants (Linux).
• Active Directory management (including Group Policy).
• Exchange management.
• Third-party business application support (ability to learn, install, manage, administer, support, troubleshoot, and become an application subject matter expert).
• Enterprise backup platforms.
• Ability to plan, implement, test, and troubleshoot system software.
• Documentation and diagramming.
• Enterprise compute infrastructure (Cisco UCS a plus).
• Enterprise storage infrastructure (SAN, NAS, Fibre Channel, iSCSI) (Dell EMC technology a plus).
• Databases (focus on Microsoft SQL).
• Microsoft SharePoint.
• Data security.
• Capacity and resource management and planning.
• Project management.
• AS400 or other ERP administration experience.
• MS SQL Server experience a plus
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel
• Ability to determine computer problems and to coordinate hardware and/or software solutions
• Knowledge of system security protocols and best practices
• Understanding of LAN/WAN environments VLAN, TCP/IP, OSI model, subnet masks, routing, SMTP, VPN, MFA, DNS, and DHCP
• Must be a self-motivated self-starter with a positive attitude and be resourceful with limited supervision.
• Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Able to prioritize initiatives and communicate effectively with leadership on these priorities.
• Ability to handle complex issues and problems.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by Team Members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.