The Kelsey’s Bartender serves food and beverages to restaurant and bar patrons in a friendly, prompt, and courteous manner. The bartender may serve beer, wine, classic drinks as well as creating new recipes for cocktails. They are also responsible for ensuring that their bars run smoothly and efficiently.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Ensure that bar is stocked with glasses, garnishes, drink mixes and ice
• Demonstrate proper knowledge of all liquor laws and regulations
• Demonstrate knowledge of all PR&C drink recipes
• Ability to make signature cocktails using creative ingredients, fresh herbs and other embellishments
• Maintain cleanliness of bar countertop and area throughout duration of shift
• Adhere to cash and operating policies in accordance to PR&C handbook
• Maintain proper sanitation and safety procedures for food handling
• Maintain a polished appearance and professional demeanor at all times
• Provide impeccable service and attention to detail in a high pressure environment
• Access customer preferences and make drink suggestions
• Effectively up sale craft cocktails, wine and beer generating sales and revenue growth
• Abide by all liquor laws and policies set forth by PR&C
• Other duties as assigned
The Beverage Bartender does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
• Minimum of 2 years of professional bartender experience in a upscale dining establishment
• Extensive craft cocktail, spirit and beer knowledge
• Impeccable service standards and attention to detail
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. This position requires the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Furthermore, this position requires the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. This position also requires the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. This position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Food Safety
• Responsible Beverage Service
• Ability to pass pre-employment bartender audition
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Food Handlers Certificate.
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Tips Certification.
• Working knowledge of Micros
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB DESCRIPTION PREPARATION DATE: January 30, 2009