The Property Mixologist, in collaboration with department managers, develops and creates new beverages, including signature drinks for each outlet. Under the direction of the Director of Beverage, this position will oversee design, training, implementation of cocktail menus, bar setup/displays, recipe cost controls, and beverage technological systems throughout Pechanga Resort Casino (PRC). The Property Mixologist will supervise the Lead Bartenders. In addition, the Property Mixologist may be tasked with attending events on and off property to promote Pechanga Mixology. The Property Mixologist will also directly oversee, design, and implement a speakeasy style bar experience at the resort. The Property Mixologist must ensure they are up to date on new product development and support training of Team Members. The Property Mixologist will also prepare and pour drinks for guests and serving staffs.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Guest Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by PRC.
• Seasonal updates for all cocktail menus in all venues.
• Training of Bartenders on current trends, cocktail menu updates, and bar practices.
• Responsible for all training and development of leadership as it relates to the Beverage program.
• Training and overall guidance of Lead Bartenders.
• Development and implementation with direct oversight of a resort speakeasy style bar experience.
• Create systems to maintain cleanliness of all bars throughout the resort.
• Demonstrate advanced knowledge all liquor laws and regulations.
• Create new, and demonstrate knowledge of, all PRC drink recipes.
• Adhere to cash handling and operating policies in accordance to PRC handbook.
• Maintain proper sanitation and safety procedures for food handling.
• Abide by all liquor laws and policies set forth by PRC.
• Responsible for the overall spirits operation and profitability of assigned venues to improve cost, efficiency, and quality of product.
• Work with, maintain, and train programing of property bar technology.
• Quarterly re-certification on all Bartender and Bartender Leads on beer, wine, liquor, and recipe tests.
• Manage and oversee all enterprise menu development and training.
• Oversee all performance of Bartender Leads.
• All other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Property Mixologist has supervisory responsibilities including departmental corrective action and Team Member relation issues. Develops training, testing and accountability for Bartenders to learn and adhere to cocktail recipes and procedures for the bars they work. Direct oversight of Bartender Trainers and Leads. Ownership and implementation of resort speakeasy bar experience.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: At least 5 years’ relative experience as a bartender in high volume/elevated quality of spirits, beer, wine, and overall food and beverage is preferred to successfully perform this job. Must possess an advanced level of knowledge of mixology. Must have experience with original cocktail menu creation.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. This position requires the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Furthermore, this position requires the ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or Team Members of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. This position also requires the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. This position also requires the ability to solve problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a class “A” gaming license.
• Certified Specialist of Wine (CSW), Certified Specialist of Spirits (CSS), Sommelier, BarSmarts Certification, Cicerone certification highly preferred.
• Working knowledge of Micros.
• Must be available to work any day/shift.
• Food Safety.
• Responsible Beverage Service.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by Team Members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this job.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.