Fire Alarm Technician
Fire Alarm Technician responsibilities include conducting service calls, systems testing and inspecting to the prescribed standards, providing on-site emergency troubleshooting and repairs of fire protection and suppression equipment, preparing accurate and timely service tickets and reports, maintaining PRC tools and equipment, and ensuring a high level of service, satisfaction and communication.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Perform service & repairs on electronic fire alarm systems.
• Troubleshoot several different systems and understand how to split a circuit to effectively troubleshoot ground faults.
• Available for scheduled “on-call” to respond to emergency service calls.
• Follow troubleshooting guidelines and refer to technical/parts manuals, change notices and bulletins, modification notices, etc. in order to diagnose & repair equipment or systems.
• Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working in ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
• Read and understand complicated blueprints, diagrams, schematics, submittals, software/systems, programs, and operation/product manuals. Understand the importance of providing quality service, inspections, and technical installation support.
• Adhere to all OSHA and company safety policies and procedures.
• Maintain professional standards.
• Foster the transfer of experience and knowledge. Demonstrate cooperation, teamwork, and a commitment to professional and organizational development.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and 2 years minimum alarm industry installation technician experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. NICET Level II certification and brand factory trained required.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations are required. The position also requires the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public is required as well.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry is required. This position also requires the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. This position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to obtain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Complete within 12 months of being in the position, certifications related to product being installed, e.g. Nicet II, Microsoft, IP Network, ProWatch and or CASI certified.
• Valid California Driver’s License
• Good organization and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Efficient with Microsoft based programs
• Ability to work under stressful situations
• Mentally strong and able to cope with challenges
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical manuals, procedures, government regulations, and blueprints
• Ability to review, organize and manage service contracts with outside contractors
• Positive attitude
• Professional demeanor
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.