EVS Specialist II
The EVS Specialist II will maintain all the trash duties on the outer perimeter of the Pechanga facility including but not limited to parking structures, 1019 Building, Gas Station, Central Plant, Bike Patrol, Greenhouse and Mechanic Shop.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Utilizing EVS trash truck, responsible for empting trash from all trashcans in the north, east and south parking structures.
• Cleans all ashtrays and spills
• Cleans restrooms in 1019 Building, Golf course, Gas Station, Mechanic Shop, Central Plant, DPS Warehouse, Greenhouse, and Pechanga Marketplace
• Using hydraulic lift on back of truck transport, replaces 3 yard dumpster outside of Zone 12 as needed
• Removes trash from Kelsey’s, Casino and employee entrances
• Uses power blower to clean stairwells, trash, leaves and dust in areas that accumulate trash and debris
• Cleans elevators in parking structures, wiping walls, cleaning glass windows and mopping floors.
• Replaces full 3 yard dumpsters at RV Park, Transportation, TDR2, Cultural Center, Fire Station, Journey INN, and Sally Port
• Performs other job related duties as assigned, including but not limited to the duties listed as an EVS Specialist
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort and Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: One year experience is preferred to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to speak and read fluently in English. Able to communicate with hand held radios with an understanding of radio terminology
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to be able to solve minor mathematical problems which may include using units in US currency, weight measurement, volume and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to understand and carry out simple instructions and to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables
CUSTOMER SERVICES: This position requires the ability to deliver Four Diamond customer service in busy high volume areas while performing assigned duties. This position requires the ability to be courteous and professional, using polite mannerisms while speaking in a friendly, upbeat voice.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “B” gaming license.
• Must maintain a valid class C driver’s license
• Willing to submit to a DMV PULL NOTICE
• Ability to work any shift
• Knowledge of reading, writing, and math, ability to speak English fluently
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to read product labels
• Ability to work well with all levels of public and management
• Light to heavy lifting up to 50-100lbs. bending, stooping and reaching
• Will be asked to work in a smoking environment
• Will be wearing plastic and vinyl gloves when necessary
• Push or pull 100 to 300lbs
• Able to drive company vehicle for extended amounts of time during the shift.
• Able to work in changing weather conditions
• Able to continuously get inside and outside of stopped vehicle
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must have a pleasant personality and present a professional image while working
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.