Slot Tech Supervisor
The Slot Technician Supervisor will administer the overall slot department in accordance with management directives, polices, and procedure prescribed in the System of Internal Control.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Responsible for conducting performance appraisals on all Slot Technicians
• Participate in all corrective action and coaching sessions as it relates to the Slot Technicians
• Safeguard of slot department assets
• Enforce departmental SOP’s in accordance with PR&C System of Internal Controls
• Responsible for timely completion of all slot projects
• Manage all Slot Technicians’ day to day workload as well as shift coverages
• Assist floor technicians with troubleshooting problem solving on any slot machine
• Responsible for supervising and scheduling for assigned shifts
• Some bending, stooping and lifting up to 70 lbs
• Will protect the assets of Pechanga Resort & Casino
• All other job duties as assigned
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has supervisory responsibilities that include corrective action and employee relation issues.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: At least 3 years Slot Technical experience is required. A high school degree or general education degree (GED) is required as well.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. This position also requires the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public is required as well.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. This position also requires the ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. This position also requires the ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to obtain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Knowledge of slot machines Slot System reports, SDS preferred.
• Ability to provide both written and verbal communication effectively.
• Must be able to use an “in-ear” listening device for radio communications.
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
• Professional demeanor, Make eye contact
• Ability to work in stressful situations
• Mentally strong and able to cope with many challenges
• Ability to work in a noisy, smoky environment
• Ability to push, pull and lift up to 70 lbs.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.