Slot Shift Manager
The Slot Shift Manager is responsible for the efficient, safe, compliant, and profitable operation of the Casino Floor. The Slot Shift Manager will supervise and schedule staff on assigned shift to ensure optimum operation. In addition, the Slot Shift Manager will support the supervisory team and provide adequate training, coaching, and administrative support. The Slot Shift Manager will also be responsible for assisting with the development and training of all Slot Team Members.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino (PRC).
• Approve transactions above specified levels for guests.
• Ensure compliance with all Federal tax and cash reporting requirements.
• Learn and utilize all necessary functions of automated slot tracking, scheduling, dispatching, security, and radio systems.
• Analyze and report Dispatch System performance.
• Resolve guest disputes and maintain a professional demeanor in stressful conditions.
• Work with other departments to ensure “Four Diamond” guest services.
• Assist in all Marketing activities.
• Identify, report, and attempt to resolve any guest service or operational issues.
• Provide detailed daily shift reports making sure to communicate both positive and negative events.
• Continuously observe Slot Operations, and Pechanga in general, for opportunities to improve guest service and operations.
• Keep up-to-date on of all current products, promotions, and activities on property.
• Enforce departmental standard operating procedures (SOPs) in accordance with PRC MICS.
• Present solutions along with identified problems.
• Supervise and oversee scheduling of staff to ensure optimum operation.
• Enforce and train staff on applicable MICS, regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Actively participate in the staffing and selection process.
• Participate in the implementation of Team Member performance standards, including the timely review and evaluation of each Team Member.
• Maintain open communication with all Slot Team Members.
• Mentor subordinate supervisors on effective performance management skills.
• Maintain a positive attitude, supportive of the PRC Mission Statement.
• Demonstrate strategic planning by preparing detailed reports for staffing requirements based on business needs.
• Achieve personal and professional growth each year (no less than 40 hours).
• Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position serves in a supervisory capacity. Responsibilities may include budgeting, hiring/terminations, Team Member relations issues, mentoring, and corrective actions. This position requires a mindful approach to resource management and is responsible for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; Bachelor’s degree (BA) preferred. Three (3) to six (6) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; and at least five (5) years’ supervisory experience is required.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format and requires the ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong ability to speak in front of large groups.
• Must have excellent people skills.
• High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook.
• Ability to manage a fast-paced and sometimes unpredictable workload.
• Must maintain a friendly and professional attitude.
• Must be able to use an “in-ear” listening device for radio communications.
• Must have the ability to work with others as a team.• Must demonstrate excellent customer service.
• Must be flexible and willing to work any shift, nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Skill to speak and write in multiple languages preferred.
• Gaming experience preferred.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.