Data Engineer must be able to design, build and maintain Enterprise Level Data Pipe-Lines utilizing the tools available within Big Data Eco-System.
• Design, build, and deploy new data pipelines within Big Data Eco-Systems
• Improve existing data pipelines by simplifying and increasing performance
• Follow best practices on design and implementation to aid in company-wide data governance
• Work closely with the data analysts and scientists, and database and systems administrators to create data solutions.
• Documents new/existing pipelines, Data Sets and Data Sets lineage.
• Abides by department development standards and SOP's.
• Attends all department meetings
• Protects the assets of PTSG Pechanga Resort & Casino and the Pechanga Tribe
• Keeps updated on latest technologies relevant to position’s duties.
• Has great knowledge of commonly used software concepts and design
• Great understanding of the development lifecycle
• Keeps management updated on projects and assigned work
• All other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university from related field is required.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. This position also requires the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. The ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization is required as well.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. This position also requires the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. This position also requires the ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to obtain a Class “A” gaming license
• Hadoop (hdfs, hive, spark, sqoop)
• SQL and HiveQL
• noSQL (Mongodb, Cassandra, or Couchbase)
• Python or Scala
• Bonus: Kafka, Kinetica, Streamsets
• Excellent troubleshooting ability
• Long periods of sitting and typing.
• Must be able to lift 35lbs.
• Working in a smoking environment (Casino only).
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude.
• Professional demeanour.
• Make eye contact while speaking.
• Ability to work under stressful situations.
• Mentally strong and able to cope with many challenges.
• Performs and completes variety of tasks under a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent troubleshooting and verbal and written communication skills.
• Commitment to the success of assigned projects, co-workers and the company.
• At least 2 years experience of designing, building, and deploying production-level data pipelines using tools from Hadoop stack (Hive, Spark, Sqoop).
• Preferred: Cloudera Certified Data Engineer, i.e. CCP Data Engineering Exam
• At least 2 years experience with various noSQL databases (MongoDB, Couchbase, Cassandra, Neo4j)
• At least 2 years experience with SQL databases and Change Data Capture
• At least 2 years experience with production-level programming (python or scala or java)
• At least 2 years experience troubleshooting JVM-related issues
• Wxperience and strategies to deal with mutable data in Hadoop is preffered
• Experience with Kafka, Kinetica, Streamsets prefferred
• Understanding and experience of Agile and DevOps methodologies preferred
• Relies on limited experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals
• Works under general supervision
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.