The technician is responsible for all general HVAC maintenance and repair of HVAC problems throughout the facility in accordance with the standards of Pechanga Resort & Casino.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Responsible for preventative maintenance; checks all HVAC, VAV, FPVAV, VFD and exhaust fans to assure that they are clean and in working order.
• Maintains a constant watch over all air conditioning and exhaust systems ensuring loads are balanced and ambient temperatures are within comfort levels.
• Maintenance includes, but is not limited to, HVAC equipment failure troubleshooting and repair, filter replacement, compressor service, belt replacement & semi annual service on the air handlers.
• Performs maintenance and service as assigned by the HVAC Supervisor
• Maintains inventory stock; responsible for systems being maintained at all times.
• Responsible for maintaining a consistent and regular attendance record.
• Installation of new AC’s, VAV boxes, fan powered VAV’. Exhaust fans etc...
• Responsible to run communication to all of our equipment, i.e. installation of Metasys & Bacnet controllers and add a VMA, UNT or FEC as needed to have them communicate to our (BAS) Building Automation System.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: At least 3 to 5 years experience is required. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: The position requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. The position also requires the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. The ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization is required as well.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: The position requires the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. The position also requires the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: The position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. The position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to obtain a Class “A” gaming license.
• EPA section 608 certification, type universal
• R-410a certificate
• Valid California Drivers License
• Must have computer energy management system experience;(BAS) Metasys preferred.
• Good organization and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Efficient with Microsoft based programs
• Ability to work under stressful situations
• Mentally strong and able to cope with challenges
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical manuals, procedures, government regulations, and blueprints
• Positive attitude
• Professional demeanor
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
• Must be a Team player.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.