Captures all fixed asset transaction in an accurate and timely fashion and ensures capital spending requests have proper approvals, based on Company
guidelines and GAAP requirements.
• Reviews all capital expenditure invoices independently to determine what is capitalizable and how the asset should be treated in the AM system to ensure
accuracy and compliance of the fixed asset capitalization policy and GAPP.
• Reconciles fixed assets, accumulated depreciation, depreciation expense, Construction-in-Process (CIP) and other assigned general ledger accounts by
reviewing components of each area and making decisions based on the findings.
• Prepares and analyzes the monthly capital expenditure report for distribution to department heads; reviews the reports with the department heads to
determine YTD spend and accountability.
• Prepares and maintains schedules to accurately track store relocations, remodels, and closures, including accelerated depreciation and FAS 144
• Performs month-end general ledger tasks by creating and reviewing fixed asset related entries and cost allocations, ensuring accuracy and completeness of
monthly data, performing the AM System Close at month-end.
• Analyzes actual-versus-budget variances on assigned general ledger accounts; determines the validity and completeness of the actuals.
• Performs other special projects as needed.
Education & Experience:
• A bachelor degree in accounting or finance.
• Minimum one year prior experience in accounting/finance operation.
• Experience in Lawson general ledger and Lawson Asset Management system is a plus.
• Experience in retail industry is preferred.
Competencies & Skills:
• Solid system and MS Office skills with extensive working knowledge in Excel.
• Strong math and analytical skills.
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Dedicates to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
• Strong communication skills including ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.