Supports Hot Topic’s essential business functions by developing and maintaining large, complex business information systems according to specifications and
schedules while meeting quality requirements. This position reports to the Manager, IT Development or Lead Programmer Analyst.
• The Senior Programmer / Analyst will be responsible for the determination of specifications, technical design, maintenance, development, modification and
expansion of highly complex new and existing programs for eCommerce / POS projects.
• Conduct code and design reviews as well as suggest white box test cases to the Quality Assurance team.
• Must be able to provide off-hours support on a rotation basis and will act as a technical resource to staff in all phases of the development and
implementation process. This position will assist and train staff in interpreting changes and will offer support in implementation efforts.
• This person must be able to work under minimal supervision, must have strong verbal and written communication skills and skills to mentor Junior Team
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in technical/business description with 5+ year’s practical technical experience.
• Or, a relevant business degree with 8+ years practical technical experience.
Competencies & Skills:
• Must have strong knowledge of industry standard IT best practices such as change control, version control, and the system development life cycle.
XML and OOPs methodology.
• Blue Martini experience is preferred.
• EJB, Java Swing/Applet are desired but not required.
• Must have experience in Java J2EE development, database platforms like Oracle and MS SQL Server and UNIX.
• Must have experience in RESTful Web Services and SOAP.
• Knowledge of Retek Oracle, RPOS/Retek Oracle, SIM, ADS/Taxware API, Blue Martini, Weblogic is a plus as is Microsoft Project, Word and Excel applications
is a plus.
• Strong communication skills including ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
• Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
• Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.